• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO First Choice: Thinking of Switching

30 for 30

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get some input...

I applied DEO 2.5 years ago and at this point I am waiting for my security clearance to wrap up (I lived in the UK for most of 1999). I'm told my file should be before the Board in the fall, and this time I'm fairly confident I'm reaching the conclusion of my application process. All testing and paperwork was finished some time ago, with the exception of the clearance.

When I applied my first choice was MARS, and my second was Armour. It was a very tough choice for me, and after a few years of waiting, reading, studying and researching, I am leaning towards switching Armour to my first choice. If I were to call up CFRC and switch my first choice to Armour, would this somehow have a negative impact on my application at this "late" stage?

Reviewing some of these posts it appears there are far more MARS positions this year compared to Armour, so I'm concerned about hurting my chances. Perhaps this post is a waste of space but I'm interested to hear anyone's input. After the recent Board if there are only a few Armour spots left this fall I could be delaying my entry yet again by bypassing the MARS opportunity. One post I recently read notes that there are around 32 MARS spots left to fill at the next Board.

Cheers, RNW

Ask yourself if you want work on a ship or command soldiers?

I can't say either classification is better than the other but what do you want to do with your life?  Nobody can make that choice for you.

Agree 100%. The fact is I would love to do both jobs. This is not something I would normally advertise but I'm interested to hear of other personal experiences.

This is more a case of what is the most sensible move within the recruiting process, as opposed to a problem with a job choice. Apologies if I wasn't clear on that point.

- RNW

Hi RNW,

Even if you lived in UK in 1999, still your application processing is taking too much time.
Did you sign ERC form again??? Did they tell you why it is taking that long.

I am in similar circumstances, thats why I am asking...

Good luck,

Bobby

Bobby147 said:
Hi RNW,

Even if you lived in UK in 1999, still your application processing is taking too much time.
Did you sign ERC form again??? Did they tell you why it is taking that long.

I am in similar circumstances, thats why I am asking...

Good luck,

Bobby

It is taking a long time because he did not live in Canada for the last ten years and therefore requires a pre-assessment check to be done before processing can be completed.   Lots of information on the pre-sec throughout this board.

Bobby,

I was recently told that security clearance for applicants in my position is taking up to two years at the moment. My situation may be particularly complicated due to the fact that I've both lived abroad for a year and travelled to a lot of different countries in the last few years (some in the Third World). I've also lived in about a dozen different residences (university and abroad). In addition I had to get a Verification of Former Service done. I don't think I've gone through an average application experience, so don't let my experience get you down.

Back