• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Desert Boots

I got the Belleville's steel toe boots issued to me  and they are really good. Vibram soles on them...

Second that,

Belleville steeltoe desert boots are head and shoulders above the normal desert boot (or at least the normal desert boots I got in 2000 and 2004).

AmmoTech90 said:
Second that,

Belleville steeltoe desert boots are head and shoulders above the normal desert boot (or at least the normal desert boots I got in 2000 and 2004).
That 'normal' boot has been replaced by something worse.

I've seen the Belleville steel toe issued to friends going to the a-stan.
I found a BUNCH of them for sale out side montreal for 30$ in GREAT shape with a-stan sand still in them. ;D

The issued Boulet boots arent worth the dirt they are meant to walk on.  Soles start falling off randomly, ankle support is minimal (yet better than the old dbs) and they eat up your heels like a rabid dog on raw meat.  If you chain of command allows you to wear personnaly purchased DB's then go out and buy 1 or 2 pairs of SWATS or something similar.  As far as the army issuing SWATS...  I doubt it'll happen anytime soon, we currently are going through the AAR process fpr Op Archer roto 1, and trust me, boots have been brought up several times.

I was issued the old style Altama boots, as they stopped producing (or didn't get enough) new style junk boots.  I was told that they weren't going to issue the new boots anymore as they were causing injuries, fall apart, weigh as much as mukluks and are just as hot on the feet (personal oppinion), but they could just be lying...

After waiting 2 months for my desert boots, I finally got them a week before going over (glad I had time to break them in), other troops who ordered their boots and didn't get them in time were issued SWATS... needless to say, I was just a little jelous.

story 1) Just before deloyment, we had a big battle group powwow at the Dundonald hall field house. The Battle group commander had prepared us to answer just one question (while we were in Wainwright): "ARE YOU READY?" the answer being the "HUAH!". So when he asked: "are you ready?" and we responded "Huah!" immediately after, someone (my room mate in shacks) yelled "I NEED BOOTS!"

Not everyone got boots in time... I actually saw people walking around in black boots... and not just in KAF... out in the field... jeez

Story 2) When I got my kit back from Afghanistan, I was confused to find only 3 boots (not pair... individual boots)... I guess Kandahar ate one of my boots... Damn camel spiders.

I realized after that the missing boot was cut off of my foot and was probably covered in blood, and so had to be destroyed... note to troops; if you buy it and wear it, be prepered to lose it. Once it's contaminated with blood it has to be destroyed (gucci kit-monsters beware)

Oh no, All my boots have blood on them  >:D
SWATs I'm not a fan of, like running shoes,
Personally, I'm a Danner fan.

PS. Issued Desert boots arn't designed to have the same ankle support as black  leather boots.

It has been said again and again but as I sit and type this in my old patern DBs that bite into the tops of my feet I wish the kit shop had processed my order for the SWATS.

My orrigional issue of DBs from Yugo in 92 still fit like slippers but are beat to rat from years of use.

You can now purchase several types of DBs at the PX in KAF including danners.

And yes, if they have blood on them they go to the big burn bin in the sky....sorry Piper but your missing boot is long gone!

GF

Bergeron 971 said:
I HAVE YOUR BOOT. MOAHAHAHA. CATCH ME IF YOU CAN. *runs away with one boot on foot.

DAMN YOU!!!

Oh well... you can't get far, you only have one... and it has my zap number on the heel.

c9a1.gif

Piper said it first and best.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/51916.0.html

Bergeron 971 said:
Why so much blood on it though?

Well... I'd post a pic of the hole (after 2 weeks of healing cause I don't have the origionals) but I'm sure that would get me banned or close to.

When I was hit by shrapnel, a large piece entered the back of my left thigh, and exited out the inner front of my left thigh, severing the femoral vein (not artery, thank god), which caused blood to pour out onto the sand (cause I was on my belly) and I crawled though it... voila, blood on boot.

But back to the origional topic;  When they first started issuing SWATs for my tour, they were only issuing them to people with 'chits'.  Then everyone who didn't get boots in time, and bought their own were reimbursed or were issued a pair.  but only one pair.

Bergeron 971 said:
SWATs I'm not a fan of, like running shoes,
Personally, I'm a Danner fan.
This is the other issue with boots... They're a very personal thing, like any other operational gear.  Some people like the SWATs, some Danners, or Oakleys, and even the new kid on the block; Converse (I'm trying to find a link).. Either way, I think the military should just give troops a 'kit allowance' and have them (us) order boots through clothing stores.  Then they can control types and models without letting troops get silly with makes.

Just an Idea... but I'm really not paid to think...

RHFC_piper said:
This is the other issue with boots... They're a very personal thing, like any other operational gear.  Some people like the SWATs, some Danners, or Oakleys, and even the new kid on the block; Converse (I'm trying to find a link).. Either way, I think the military should just give troops a 'kit allowance' and have them (us) order boots through clothing stores.  Then they can control types and models without letting troops get silly with makes.

Just an Idea... but I'm really not paid to think...

You are exactly right, no one boot will be right for all, people's feet are too different. Plus the amount of money wasted trying to create the ideal "CF boot" instead of buying off the shelf is ridiculous...

Well, I can't speak for the NCE/NSE, but the Battle Group going over in Feb all got sized for the Original Desert SWAT boots in Wainwright. Everyone gets two pair, and we should have them by Christmas.

It looks like someone is listening...

:dontpanic:

0tto Destruct said:
Well, I can't speak for the NCE/NSE, but the Battle Group going over in Feb all got sized for the Original Desert SWAT boots in Wainwright. Everyone gets two pair, and we should have them by Christmas.

It looks like someone is listening...

:dontpanic:

And you can be guaranteed that there will be many who are not satisfied with those boots either. Like it was stated below...no one style or make of footwear is suitable for all.

+1 Million tothe Original SWATs. Outstanding boot and I have had no trouble with them at all. I was issued 2 pairs before leaving Pet as I didn't get my original ordered boots on time (thank god).

Issue boot JUNK!

SWAT's are a good off the shelf substitute, but and this is a BUT if you have the time and money Converse (yes the running shoe people) make an incredible desert combat boot, I swear by mine and I have SWAT's too

HitorMiss said:
Issue boot JUNK!

SWAT's are a good off the shelf substitute, but and this is a BUT if you have the time and money Converse (yes the running shoe people) make an incredible desert combat boot, I swear by mine and I have SWAT's too

And I therefore rest my case. One style of footwear for everyone....is simply...not acceptable.  ;)

Hey I haven't heard a bad thing about SWAT's in fact I do like mine. I just like my Converse better.

I'll tell you what I hate thought the issue Boot's are JUNK complete and total JUNK...did I say JUNK yet cause man they sure are JUNK

Back