• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Direct Entry Officer

Cardstonkid

Inactive
Reaction score
I am in the process of applying as a Direct Entry Officer. After submitting my transcripts from the University I graduated from I was told I would need a transcript from my High School. That was many years ago, but hey, that's what they want. that's what they get. Of course I have to order them because I have no idea where my original copy is. I was told they need to overview the courses I took in high school to see if I am qualified to be an officer.

I find this odd for two reasons. 1. I graduated from high school over 20 years ago! Even if I matriculated with honours there is no way I would remember anything worth mentioning from any of the courses all these years later. 2. There is no mention of a High School course review in any of the recruiting information I can find.

I am not too worried about it. If the Army in its' infinite wisdom thinks my High School performance is inadequate then so be it. I would like to think I would be perfectly happy being a 40 year old private. But it is still frustrating as it seems so silly. I am smart enough to graduate from a Canadian University, but my earlier High School transcript is needed? Does anyone have any information on this topic? Thanks

I believe that is called bureaucracy.  If I remember correctly it is just a paperwork matter and not really related to your qualifications to join as a DEO.  More than likely they will photocopy it, put it on your file and never look at it again.

It also depends on what MOC you applied to. I had to hand in my high school transcripts too as they needed to look at my math and science courses. I'm going for AEC.

Here it is straight from the recruiting website:

"To qualify for direct entry as an officer, you must have a university degree in any discipline. In addition to holding an acceptable degree, DEO applicants must also have high school leaving (or better) mathematics and science in an academic or general program."

hopeful_officer_girl said:
It also depends on what MOC you applied to. I had to hand in my high school transcripts too as they needed to look at my math and science courses. I'm going for AEC.

Here it is straight from the recruiting website:

"To qualify for direct entry as an officer, you must have a university degree in any discipline. In addition to holding an acceptable degree, DEO applicants must also have high school leaving (or better) mathematics and science in an academic or general program."

Excellent answer.  Provide the high transcript and move on.

Is DEO only for the full time or can it also work for the reserves? I'm just wondering this because after I finish university I plan on becomming an officer, but I'm not sure if there are officer positions in the reserves.

Sorry if it seems like I don't know much lol, but I've only recently joined the reserves and have only been to my armoury once, and since now it's the holiday break I can't ask anyone at the armoury about this info. Thanks for any info.

davey1822 said:
Is DEO only for the full time or can it also work for the reserves? I'm just wondering this because after I finish university I plan on becomming an officer, but I'm not sure if there are officer positions in the reserves.

Sorry if it seems like I don't know much lol, but I've only recently joined the reserves and have only been to my armoury once, and since now it's the holiday break I can't ask anyone at the armoury about this info. Thanks for any info.

Yes, there are officer positions in the reserves.  Here is a listing of all reserve jobs available, officer included: http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/v3/engraph/jobs/elements_en.aspx?element=3&bhcp=1

I saw an officer trade that said

"General officers and colonels"

and another one called

"Lieutenant-Colonel"

I found these two from this link http://www.forces.gc.ca/health/policies/med_standards/pdf/engraph/cfp154_annexEappen1-2_e.pdf.

It's in the officer section, but it doesn't have a MOC number so if you wanna find it look for the MOC R86 and these two trades are located right below R86.

I tried searching more information on these two trades, but I couldn't find any so can anyone help me out on on what these two trades are about?

davey1822 said:
I saw an officer trade that said

"General officers and colonels"

and another one called

"Lieutenant-Colonel"

I found these two from this link http://www.forces.gc.ca/health/policies/med_standards/pdf/engraph/cfp154_annexEappen1-2_e.pdf.

It's in the officer section, but it doesn't have a MOC number so if you wanna find it look for the MOC R86 and these two trades are located right below R86.

I tried searching more information on these two trades, but I couldn't find any so can anyone help me out on on what these two trades are about?

Those are ranks, not trades.  You can find more on the rank structure here: http://army.ca/wiki/index.php/Rank_Structure_of_the_CF

airmich said:
Those are ranks, not trades.

Bingo, that's why the trade column is empty beside that entry. Basically that document is just telling you that if you make it to colonel or up you don't have to follow the med requirements of your trade that you started out in. (I think)

Back