• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DIY Fitness Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mensch

Inactive
Reaction score
Been lurking here for a week now. Amazing forum; extremely helpful in answering many of my questions.

I'm wanting to get in shape for the purpose of becoming an army recruit. I'm looking for good books / videos / sites / other resources to educate me in physically fitness, including proper use of exercise equipment, nutrition, training techniques, and maybe even the science behind it. Any recommendations?

www.bodybuilding.com and www.mensfitness.com are both good fitness websites.

Search around the forums more,  you will find numerous threads regarding fitness and I believe diet as well.

Lots of information on the internet with info directed for Military(mainly US) recruits and training for various courses. 

Numerous You Tube channels that demonstrate how to properly do various exercises, machines, etc

Step 1:
Stop going into the isles of the grocery store, shop the outside only.  Its where all the fresh non packaged goods are.
Step 2: Learn to cook all those raw ingredients.

Step 3: Sell your Video game machine and Go outside and play sports, hike, walk, etc.

:)

darkskye said:
www.bodybuilding.com and www.mensfitness.com are both good fitness websites.

Men's Fitness has gotten better over the years (heck they have Rob Orlando as a regular columnist now  ;D)  bb.com.......is not really geared towards fitness, what it is geard towards is well in it's name.  Bodybuilding training and Fitness training (like actually useful, especially for military purposes training) are two VERY DISTINCT forms of training.  Joe Weider and his acolytes and brethren, have done a magnificent job of convincing people over the decades that how you look is a useful determination for how fit you are.

But this has been discussed  and beaten to death in dozens of other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back