• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Does the CADPAT fade in wash?

armyvern said:
. Come to think of it, I'm also wondering how a BMQ candidate in week one is able to be on the internet when it took me to week 3 in Cornwallis before I was even entitled to buy a coke out of the vending machine.  :mad:

Vern, you just brought back some..ahem, wonderful memories.  Yes, it was quite the privilege to run downstairs to the pop machine where they had mixed pop come out with the little drop down cup.  We thought we were the cat's ass that day.  Ah, memories...

geo said:
Funny.... they haven't called me for my 4th set? (Shhhhh!)
I noticed that in your earlier post Geo  ;). This should have been passed on to you as part of your chalk's AAG upon return from Theatre. Imagine Clothing have to phone 1500 individuals on a returning returning roto to tell them all the same thing. That's a workload I'd argue not a clothing stores in the country could wilfully take on.

For some tours it's easier than others. 4 sets of PPT treated in to us within 30 days...they get 3 sets back.

Piper said:
Reserve weekend BMQ maybe?

Ah haa!! That's exactly what came to my mind...that was my conclusion in the next paragraph of the post you quoted. I'm just waiting for him/her to confirm whether that's the case...and I hope it is...with the internet access and all.  :)  I'm thinking perhaps I should have waited a decade or so to do my basic!! That way, perhaps I wouldn't have had to suffer without my cola for 3 weeks. ;D

.... they asked for (and got) a bunch of other stuff (1 of 3) barrack box and the like.
but I guess they forgot about the 4th set. Am certain that they will correct the next time I have something to exchange.

brin11 said:
We thought we were the cat's *** that day.   Ah, memories...
Yes what privledges Wednesday night of week 3 brought eh? Too funny. Wasn't that also the week we became "Life Skills"  ::) qualified?

geo said:
.... they asked for (and got) a bunch of other stuff (1 of 3) barrack box and the like.
but I guess they forgot about the 4th set. Am certain that they will correct the next time I have something to exchange.
I'm ratting you out tomorrow!!  ;D

False alarm!  For some reason I always thought I had four sets because another one of my buddies does have four (counted for sure) and when I was issued my kit he said I had everything negative a few minor stuff.  I busted out my gear and my kit list and I only have three but I always thought I had four.  lol Just posting here saved my behind a headache from next kit inspection lol.

Yes I am on weekend BMQ.  I wish I was in fulltime Course in the summer though doing it everyday rather then on weekends.

PteG

Mystery solved then just as we suspected!!  :)

New mystery... why does your buddy have 4??

armyvern said:
Yes what privledges Wednesday night of week 3 brought eh? Too funny. Wasn't that also the week we became "Life Skills"  ::) qualified?

Vern, I don't remember.  Was that the course where the civvies came in and wanted us to talk about ourselves?  I remember staring at each other and nobody saying a thing so she had to blat at us the whole time. :)

Yeah really eh.  But yeah we spread the gear across parade square...4 pants, 4 tops...

PteGDD said:
Yeah really eh.  But yeah we spread the gear across parade square...4 pants, 4 tops...
What is your location?? What are his last 3??  >:D

brin11 said:
Vern, I don't remember.  Was that the course where the civvies came in and wanted us to talk about ourselves?  I remember staring at each other and nobody saying a thing so she had to blat at us the whole time. :)
That was it Brin. The beginning of the downfall.....

brin11 said:
That was it Brin. The beginning of the downfall. I'd bet we were amongst the last of those who sat there with stunned looks on our faces going what is this crap. I believe they began learning how to hug at these sessions shortly after our courses departure!!  ;D

armyvern said:
That was it Brin. The beginning of the downfall. I'd bet we were amongst the last of those who sat there with stunned looks on our faces going what is this crap. I believe they began learning how to hug at these sessions shortly after our courses departure!!  ;D

Squad one - you will thrust your arms smartly to the outside of your body at a 90 degree angle,
fingers pointed outwards, palms facing forward.

Squad two - you will take the appropriate amount of steps towards one another, taking a 6 inch
check pace on your last step.  Do NOT come to a regular halt with your leg at a 90 degree angle
as you WILL accidental knee your fellow soldier in the groin.

Squad three - using the timings 1 2 3 1, you will smartly embrace your fellow soldier, hugging
on the 1, holding on the two threes, and then releasing.

Squad four - return your arms to the position of attention.

Now that this thread has been successfully hijacked and thoroughly washed out,
I just wish to nominate Trinity as the Hug Fest SME before it's shut down... ;D

If you use tablesalt in cold water and do not dry in the dryer, that may work as well.

It is to laugh....

You lot talking about fading CADPATs in the drier?  Mine got faded by the SUN, while I was wearing them...

;D

Tom

TCBF said:
Mine got faded by the SUN, while I was wearing them...
Which is usually what happens. If you ever see a badly faded set of CADPAT, look under the pocket flaps and at the inside pocket, etc.. Chances are they won't be as light as the rest of the fabric.

Back