• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DRDC hang-up

A

auto

So I have to book my own Hotel room for DRDC portion of ACS? That's great.
What's even better is the Hotel is booked solid.
no rooms available.

Lovely,

any related experiences?

Yep gotta book and pay your own way.  They do reimburse you though for the costs though.

However if the hotel is booked solid, tell your recruiting center, maybe they have a suggestion for another hotel.  I've never heard of anyone else having that problem before so its a bit weird!

That would suck. I am leaving tomorrow and I wasn't told that I had to book the hotel. I thought that you had to pass the sim stuff before going on to the medical and if you do not pass they will keep you in trenton until your flight home. This is what I was told. So how can you book the hotel if your not even sure you will be there? I am starting to think that my recruiting center is a little off the ball. I called them just yesterday and I ASKED THEM if I would need any documents from them such as med docs. She then at 3:30pm friday called me and said yes I need my med docs and if I didn't have them for the medical I would be sent home!!! Good thing I double checked on that.
As for paying your own way, your recruiting office should give you an advance of $500 for the trip (as long as you have a base near by, either reserve or reg force).

Here is a quote for the acs joining instructions..."Candidates who fail the standards for pilot and navigator will be briefed on exact departure procedures and ma be required to wait in Trenton until the weekend."

Those of us that passed AirCrew were transported by military van to toronto, right to a hotel off of Yonge Street. Our rooms were already prebooked for us - all we had to do was check in and pay...

Zach

My situation is different from the standard ACS format. I'm being sent up to Toronto just for the medical portion. Leaving here Wed to goto DRDC.

With that in mind, I was told to book my own room, but here I am.

The best I can do is get this figured out on Monday. Its a bit disconcerning getting my papers/instructions on a Friday afternoon and then get snagged on something like this a few days before I supposed to be there.

auto said:
Its a bit disconcerning getting my papers/instructions on a Friday afternoon and then get snagged on something like this a few days before I supposed to be there.

If its the worse thing that happens to you on your way to your wings consider yourself lucky  ::)

Zach15 said:
  Those of us that passed AirCrew were transported by military van to toronto, right to a hotel off of Yonge Street. Our rooms were already prebooked for us - all we had to do was check in and pay...

Zach

Thanks for straightening it out bro.
Rob.

No problem man, good luck to you! Try your best and you'll be fine.

- Zach

This has gone from a "hang-up" to a mess.
It now appears the flights they had booked are for the wrong days.

waiting... to get it figured out.

Welcome to the Gong Show

1. Check attitude at the door.
2. Realize that CFRD staff are professionals and are there to assist you.
3. The sooner you realize that Prima donnas have short life expectancies in the CF, the happier you will be.

From what I have read, your challenge is:
Booked hotel, wrong flight, docs.

Rebook hotel
Change flight
Get docs.

Sounds pretty easy.

With all due respect. You have to understand;

My attitude is mere panic and frustration, I'd hope anyone in my situation is as concerned about such problems as I am.

This process means a lot to me and I would hate for something to cause any further delays.(like showing up on the wrong day)

Whenever this much paper work is involved and it passes many hands problems do arise (wrong flights get booked) and I understand this. The problem doesn't lie with the people but the process in general. It's the nature of the beast. It's up to me to make sure I ask questions and iron out problems that remain overlooked. I didn't realize that was being a Prima Donna for doing so.

Don't panic.

1. What is the problem
2. What are the options
3. Pick a solution.
4. Evaluate

Best of luck.

Bograt said:
Don't panic.

1. What is the problem
2. What are the options
3. Pick a solution.
4. Evaluate