• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacquesn66

Inactive
Reaction score
right now i can run 2.4km in 10 min can do 30 push ups 28 sit ups in 30 seconds. im going into infantry as reg force im 5'6 weigh 115lbs. im nervous cause im afraid a guy my size wont be able to keep up with a ruck sack weightin around 50lbs and all the other equipment. is there anything i can do to get me built up more for it or should i be fine i was told i will be leaving in the new year.

I have never done this before so here I go........try a search. You'll come up with more information than you can handle.

WoW!! That felt pretty good!

There is a girl I know who is an infantry officer. She is barely 5'2" and maybe 100lbs. If she can hack it I'm sure you can...

Dude don't worry. As long as you can pull your own you'll be alright. im only 5'7 and weigh 150 and it looks like i weigh 110 and i have no problem humping my kit. you just got to have the will power and the drive and trust me...you'll do just good.

Sounds like your gonna do fine to me guy.....i'm quite bigger and can help with your ruck if you help with my running seeing how i'm a very bad runner......teamwork brother.....just giver!

jacquesn66 said:
right now i can run 2.4km in 10 min can do 30 push ups 28 sit ups in 30 seconds. im going into infantry as reg force im 5'6 weigh 115lbs. im nervous cause im afraid a guy my size wont be able to keep up with a ruck sack weightin around 50lbs and all the other equipment. is there anything i can do to get me built up more for it or should i be fine i was told i will be leaving in the new year.
50 lbs ruck? they make them that light, hahaha, just kidding. seriously though, its not the size of your body, its the size of your heart, if you never give up, and you constantly give it more then 110% you will never have a problem. i'm not a big guy either, i was one of the smallest on my course in the summer at about 5'8, 150 lbs, i'm not as small as you but i got er done. good luck with it

I know there are many threads with this same question.  I've actually read them.  (research for interview)
but i need responces to my own application as I am a "special" case

i'm a year from acid

five months from mushrooms

four months from x

and i had a toke about an hour ago.

This is the point where i recall a post "life gives you the test, and then the lesson."

Is it worth even asking a recruter what my chances are, or should i humbly remain a civ. for the next2.7 years.
I'm almost crying unmanly tears here.

Still I am sure that i have what it takes.  If only i can be givin the chance to prove it.

As of now I do not wish to ever do drugs again.  I never allowed myself to fell shame for these actions, seams CF may change that.

I am truely sorry to you soilders who I hope to BE.

Well let me ask you a question, if your so serious about joining, why did you take a toke about an hour ago?. I'm not 100% sure here but ill give it a try, i think the minimum time you must wait is 3 years from the last time you did mush (i remember it in another thread, you can look it up if you'd like.) by the time thats out of your system everything else should be clean and clear. i believe some drug use, regardless of how short of use restrict you from joining certain trades i just cant remember which drugs and which trades, ill give a look later today since i know its on the site and I'm going to work now.

Something fun to do while you're high?

Come back in 3 years - if you you're clean, we'll talk.

We had 2 girls on my course that were 100lbs and they did they 13k ruckmarch. One of the 2 girls was like 5'1"... I am bot a big guy myself (5'8 160lbs) and I did it without any problem. Don't worry you'll be fine!

Good luck!

Cheers!

Nitz

Don't worry dude. I just completed BMQ SQ at Meaford this summer and I am a girl who weighs about 125 pounds and 5'6. The rucksack marches were the hardest part but as long as your dedicated you have nothing to worry about. Plus the others in your platoon will do everything to help you along the way.

Yes true.. we had to help a girl on my plt. We were relaying to carry her ruck sack. We couldnt carry it for her, so we were holdind it one on each side and she finished the march.. the staff said : that is what we call teamwork!

Hehe... good luck!

thanks guys n gals you all have easyed my nerves and im not as nervours about it

Tss.. dont worry, I met an infantry corporal here in Borden that's approx. your shape and believe me, I cant follow him. Yes size matters, but your mind matters as well.

Good luck again!

Cheers!

Nitz

I would Like to thank every one for there help but i wont be in the army till 3 years from now passed everything with flying colours n they told me i could apply for any job i want i guess my cfat score was that high but my medical (drug testin) failed cause 1 year ago at a party some body slipped E into my drink

Wow! That blows. 3 years!!! I guess next time you'll keep a better eye on your drink :p

ouch .. 3 yrs.. and you call him a buddy? I would kick his ass! ;)

Anyways, you will get in, that's what matters. Use this time to train, you'll find the BMQ a lot easier if you're in better shape before you arrive.

Cheers!

Nitz

hey i was wondering, im 16 , applyed fo rthe infantry reserves and have all my tests on the 16th of november, i have read many articles about the use of drugs and i admit i myself trird it more than 6 months ago. does that mean that they will not allow me to join the reserves for 2 1/2 years. i know what i did was stoopid but will all ive worked for all these long months go to waste? :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back