• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

eBook British Army 2008

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
This is a free book offered by Mr MacKinlay if anyone is interested.

From the author:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I wrote, self-published and sold off the print run in July 2008, of a text entitled :

"A MOMENT IN TIME" - THE BRITISH ARMY AT A MOMENT IN TIME - 1 JULY 2007 A LOOK AT AND FROM IT OF THE MAKEUP OF THE REGULAR AND TERRITORIAL ARMY. That covers the Army from the end of Operation BANNER to July 2008.

I have transferred the text into a 12 POINT text, 2.5m pdf file (no photos or illustrations of badges due to copyright), as a FREE item to whoever wants a copy.

It contains a comprehensive glossary/abbreviation list, with 28 chapters having 27 amplifying annexes, also seven appendices'.

Covering from the command structure; an ORBAT in army list order (including establishments ie. US TO&E); current military equipment from Jack Knives via Challenger 2 MBT to Communication Systems; training and logistical units (including waterborne and rail). From the smallest unit in the Army to the oddest, ration packs to ammunition. Having comprehensive chapters on the Royal Marines (including Security of Nuclear Weapons) and The Royal Air Force Regiment. The chapter on the UK Special Forces has a annex dealing with the UK civil security and police forces, that of The Parachute Regiment a annex 'The Army and Military Parachuting'. Ceremonial, bands and mascots (and the armies horses), quasi-military bodies, messes and Masonic Lodges.

Apart from such as lineage, regimental/unit history, and trivia ie. why does a Guardsman's boot have 13 studs?, who is awarded a ceremonial, engraved Kurki, who still uses the Long Bow.

I have written it as a handbook that I would want to buy.

So if you want a copy of the file please contact me at : gam47@bigpond.com (you must TYPE this into the address box, do not cut and paste), giving your contact email address within the message (these restrictions are due to my security software).

Yours,
G.A.MACKINLAY

Back