• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

END of an ERA (the wedge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SupersonicMax said:
Isn't that a standard???

;D

Max

From my time at Shearwater (LTC) so far it would appear that.... Vous avez raison!
OMG I'm starting to think in French....next year the assimilation will be complete!  ;D

SupersonicMax said:
Isn't that a standard???

;D

Max

I hope he had his Oakleys on also..... 8)

I've asked for clarification when it comes to the CADPAT rainjacket or the middle weight one and this new policy. In aircrew world, mixing of the CADPAT jackets/1 pc flying suit/wedge is the norm but once we 1 wing folks get our 2 pc CADPAT flying threads, it won't matter much.  When I wear the 1 pc flying suit, I wear a wedge (beret with the 2 pc, naturally)and if it's raining, I wear the rainjacket. It does look spiffy and the looks I get from all the non-AF types is either of disgust (nah) or envy. I'd go more with envy. ;D

IN HOC SIGNO said:
Oh I forgot to mention that I had to look closely through his hair in order to see that he was wearing something on his head other than excess growth!

I call BS. No one around here with hair that doesn't meet dress regs, and I work in Shearwater everyday.

As for the CADPAT rain jackets or coats with flying suits, it's approved dress. I can't seem to find the CANAIRGEN on it, but I know it came out last year. I wear my CADPAT jackets quite often, the flying jackets are too short and not waterproof.

Would you prefer we wear bright yellow rain jackets like the navy does?

Would love to be a fly on the walls of a few Sqn's watching them read CANFORGEN 096/07

Inch said:
I call BS. No one around here with hair that doesn't meet dress regs, and I work in Shearwater everyday.

As for the CADPAT rain jackets or coats with flying suits, it's approved dress. I can't seem to find the CANAIRGEN on it, but I know it came out last year. I wear my CADPAT jackets quite often, the flying jackets are too short and not waterproof.

Would you prefer we wear bright yellow rain jackets like the navy does?

That was my attempt at humour there Inch.....this guys' hair was longer than the navy and army have it and he had a square back cut that is generally frowned on in the Navy. I just came over from Stad so I'm in culture shock...the Navy doesn't wear the canary suit walking out btw...it's for shipboard use only.

Well the Canforgen is out and we blue types are using our Turbans we orderd from Logicorp as crying towels.

This thread seems to run its course so any mods out there want to lock it up and put it to bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back