• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

End of VIE

airforce00

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi ,

I have actually 8 months left to my 5 year contract (VIE) .I'm just wondering how come I haven't heard anything yet. I read here that I should get an offer before 12 months prior my VIE date. So what should I do I do not want to sign an other contract ?

Thank you

You should ask your supervisor if and when your CO will offer you new terms of service, as you still have to sit down and formally refuse them if you wish to release.

You should do it soonest - a general rule of thumb is TOS signed (to renew or refuse) within 6 months of expiration.  This allows for release appointments to be booked, etc.

As Infanteer said, talk to your CoC as soon as you're back to work. I was in the same situation, and had a TOS offer presented to sign within 2 weeks. You can even look up what the next offer will be in sequence, I believe its in the CBIs.

thanks for the answers guys and under which categorie it will be **Release at the end of the contract (VIE)**. Once released not more in the CF, am I entitled to the unemployment insurance ?

airforce00 said:
thanks for the answers guys and under which categorie it will be **Release at the end of the contract (VIE)**. Once released not more in the CF, am I entitled to the unemployment insurance ?

Quitting the CF to go on EI sounds like a solid life goal. Don't even bother asking for your new TOS. Draft a memo for your intent to release at the end of your VIE.

PuckChaser said:
Quitting the CF to go on EI sounds like a solid life goal. Don't even bother asking for your new TOS. Draft a memo for your intent to release at the end of your VIE.

Seriously? Do you need to be that much of an ass about it?

Seems like a pertinent question to ask if you're finishing one job and looking for another.

airforce00 said:

QR&O 15.01, Item 4.b. should be the release item at the end of your current TOS.

PuckChaser said:
You can even look up what the next offer will be in sequence, I believe its in the CBIs.

Sounds like they are releasing but for anyone wondering about their options after a contract they are outlined in, The New Reg Force TOS ADM (HR-Mil) INSTRUCTION 05/05.  Pay particular attention to Annex A, Appendix 1 as amplified in CANFORGEN 031/09.

That's the one, thanks MLP. I had looked it up a few years back to find my trade TOS sequence, great resource and easy to read compared to other CF docs.

Thanks for the replies everyone. One more question am I entitled to get a HHT (House Hunting Trip)  to go to find a house or an apartment ?

It looks like "Yes, from custom funding" - see http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits-relocation/2014-directive-amend-ch14.page

Back