• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Engineer QL3/QL4 courses

Dale Turner

Inactive
Reaction score
A question for those who know,

I'm a QL5 Med Tech (reserve) and I'm being attached to a reserve engineer regiment, Fd sqn.  I was told (via scuttlebut) that I could attend, (if chosen), engineer QL3 and QL4 courses. Is that true? If so that would be a great opportunity for me to learn about the job of the soldiers I'll be supporting. CHIMO!!

You are misinformed. You can support the training in order to pick up various body parts strewn about the demo range. To be part of the training, you need to be a thumperhead.

CHIMO,  Kat

Thanks for the speedy reply. ;D

Too bad. I'll just have to peek over the shoulders of the troops while they do their training/tasks etc.

:salute:

Coy medic said:
A question for those who know,

I'm a QL5 Med Tech (reserve) and I'm being attached to a reserve engineer regiment, Fd sqn.   I was told (via scuttlebut) that I could attend, (if chosen), engineer QL3 and QL4 courses. Is that true? If so that would be a great opportunity for me to learn about the job of the soldiers I'll be supporting. CHIMO!!

I seriously doubt that you will be attending the course per say ( i.e. as a student) as that would involve sending you to Gagetown for the QL3 and who is gonna spend money to train you for something that is not your job.  I'm sure that when you get attached to the engineer unit , you will have sufficient opportunities to observe the training of the soldiers you will be caring for.

Thanks. Like I said it was scuttlebut. Would've been kind of cool though.

The QL3 course has undergone some changes in the last 2-3 years.  There is a week-long exercise in the course which is as much as possible combined with the senior level courses ( section commander course leading sections composed of QL3 candidates) and if i remembder correstly, there are other times spent in the field on various subjects.  I left the 043 trade almost 2 years ago so i am not sure what the current state of the course is but i dont think it has changed that much since the last one i tought.

Coy medic said:
I was told that I could attend, engineer QL3 and QL4 courses.
I don't recall there being very much in the nature of a Engr QL4 available to reservists.  The occupational courses were QL3 (now 043 Sect Mbr Crse), QL5a (now called "043 Sect 2ic Crse" - but really more like adv sect mbr), QL6A (now 043 Sect Comd Crse and 043 Recce Ops Crse), and QL6B (now called 043 Tp WO Crse).  I think the only reserve engr course that may have been counted as a QL4 is the Tractor & Dump Crse (which had the 5a as a prerequisit).

Back