• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

England V Germany 2010

Kat Stevens said:
... at least England got one more game than the Italians.

And just like old times, Italy will just take the side of and cheer for whoever is winning at that moment.

Kat Stevens said:
All quite true, but I take comfort in the fact that at least England got one more game than the Italians.

Another tired, and dust laden team.

Then again, they did win win two cups since England last...way back in '66.

But, you see, I am rooting for Argentina.  Always have, always will.  They too have won 2 cups since '66.  This will be the third.

BTW, Kat, is it me, or does there seem to be postings that are equivalent to the vuvuzella?? Economy/Italy/  Bleat bleat bleat.  frig me, some people should just leave the football threads to the Punters.

dileas

tess

'Deed.  I've been backing Brazil or Netherlands to win it, myself, but my heart still belongs to England.

Kat Stevens said:
'Deed.  I've been backing Brazil or Netherlands to win it, myself, but my heart still belongs to England.

As myself, my heart is with Italy, but my mind and heart with Argentina.

dileas

tess

Merkel gets the last laugh....
;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fUq5MAU_cA

I have to go with the Germans on this one.  Their passing is text book.  They are complete underdogs (Oldest is what, 25 or so?) and they've already exceeded expectations.  As Don Cherry would say about a similarly experienced hockey team, they are "loosey goosey".  Could very well trip into the Semis or even, dare I say it, the finals?

Technoviking said:
Could very well trip into the Semis or even, dare I say it, the finals?

I wouldn't doubt it. The German team is young so their match endurance may be superior to that of Argentina. However, I think Argentina will take it though. As of right now they look unstoppable on the field. And Messi, even though he isn't scoring, dominates the game when he has the ball. For me he's been the most exciting player to watch this World Cup.

The montage of dives and bad refereeing  I saw has got me convinced that World Cup soccer has as much to do with sport as does WWE wrestling...................

Bruce Monkhouse said:
The montage of dives and bad refereeing  I saw has got me convinced that World Cup soccer has as much to do with sport as does WWE wrestling...................

This about sums it up for me:

funny-graphs-type-of-soccer-injuries.png

;D

4:0 vs. Argentina! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!! :eek: :eek:  :panzer: :panzer:

I think our chances for an four star are quite good. 
fun-pfeif_ani.gif
fun-pfeif_ani.gif

Regards,
ironduke57

:panzer: :panzer: :panzer: :panzer:

There, that's four.  Wow, what a game!  And the scary thing?  The Germans are mostly all in their early 20s!  We could hear names like Schweinsteiger, Müller and others for quite some time to come!

Can we just start treating this thread like the Germans treat WW2 and pretend it never happened?

England has hotter fans, too.

english-fan-1.jpg

I mean...wait...d'oh.

On a serious note, I have seen this question before on websites and Brazil always ends up winning because there are hundreds of pics of hot Brazil fans.

Three up "T".  latest German football formation:

:panzer:

:panzer:                                :panzer:

:panzer:

Back