• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) - Merged

Is it any level? thanks for helping and sorry for bugging you guys.

No.

It is Enhanced "RELIABILITY".

They have checked to see whether or not you had a Criminal Record or any major Credit Debt.  That is it.  They did not check into your past very far other to see that you had no major outstanding Criminal/Legal or Credit problems. 

For a Security Clearance they will do a much more detailed look at your past.

You will not get a Lvl II Clearance in the CF until such time as you need one, and you won't need one on BMQ.

traviss-g said:
My friend works for a recruiting center and she said she can get me a job but I need security clearance first, but she wants to know if the Enhanced reliability check I went through with the CF gives me level II clearance because it would speed things up alot.

Huh?  Your friend works at the recruiting center but doesn't know if you did a ERC or Level II Security Clearance?

Something doesn't add up for me.  He/she should know you are going Reg Force Infantry (NCM) and *should* know without a question that you would have only done the ERC...

IDK, she just said that I need security clearance for a job and that it starts on Monday so unless I already have it I probably wont get it... pays 12$/h too  :-[. Oh well hopeful it wont be too much longer before I get the call, I went in today and they said I was medically fit and my CFAT and interview from last time are still good so soon I should be merit listed!  :)

Your military security clearance doesn't mean dick to a civie job. Doesn't matter anyway, you don't have one. If you want to delve into the world of clearances, back checks, etc, do a search, cause we're done here.

Milnet.ca Staff

Hello everyone,
I have been talking to people who are going on the same BMQ as me, and others who are going on different dates. Some of them seem to be stating that they have to fill out a security clearance form. I assume they get this form with their papers that they receive during enrollment.
I already filled one of these out when I completed my application for ROTP(Pilot, Air Nav, and Aerospace), and then when I decided to switch to NCM Ammo Tech I rewrote another one. Is the form I have filled out the same as my fellow recruits, or am I missing a form? Or perhaps should I not worry about it until I get there?

Thank you,
David

the other security clearance form is TBS/SCT 330-60E (if in english)  It needs all your info for the last 10 years.  Residence, employment, family information, marital status, etc.  It is 4 pages long plus instructions.  This form you take to St Jean with you personally.  It is not the same as the one you did with your application.

You can look up the form online and you'll be able to see if it's the same one or not.

I have 330-23E completed, and in my package, and was never informed about 330-60E.

I have already filled out all that information in the security clearance form I filled out with my application.

yep, 330/23e is the preliminary screening form.  this other one is much more in depth.

have you sworn in yet?  this form was in with the rest of the forms we were given to take home and fill out - will, etc...  if you haven't you will likely receive it then.  If you have already sworn in call your RC and inquire about it.

I have sworn in, and I was not given any forms to take home to fill out, just my plane ticket number and other documents to be handed into CFLRS. I will have to call the recruiting center, but it is slightly late for this as it is the weekend, and I leave in a week.

The second form is used to grant you Level 1, 2, or 3 Clearance.

Certain trades require this while others do not.

For example Combat Engineers require a Level 2 (Secret) clearance for specific parts of our tasks.

well there you go.  I'm pretty sure though that everyone at my swearing in got one of these forms to fill out.

I am going to guess that I would need a clearance level as I am enrolling as an Ammo Tech, but I may be wrong. And none of the people I enrolled with were given any forms to fill out, the recruiter didn't mention anything like this. Actually the enrollment was greatly unorganized at the time so I would not be surprised if it was forgotten.

You would probably need to get one either before your trades course or while on it.

When you apply to join the CF, you are signing forms to do Security/Credit checks.  You are not filling out forms for a Security Clearance.  You will not fill out Security Clearance forms, which may look similar to some forms you have filled out already, until such time as you are successfully through BMQ and entering into Trades Trg.  Again: you do not start your Security Clearances on application to the CF.  There are not enough people processing them to do so, and it is a waste of their time to do a Clearance on a person who may never make it through the process to start BMQ.  That takes away from the time they could have spent on doing a Clearance on a person who actually needs it.

Alright, so to clarify, it is alright that I do not have a Security Clearance form at the moment? And I perhaps will not have to fill one out until I complete my BMQ?

Off Topic: George Wallace, as much as I find you harsh sometimes, I do greatly appreciate you replying to my topic as I am assured that what you are telling me is true(Judged upon your previous reliability of your posts). I now realize why you strive for people to not answer questions unless they know what they are talking about. Takes a question I really need answered to realize this.

Tempestshade said:
Alright, so to clarify, it is alright that I do not have a Security Clearance form at the moment? And I perhaps will not have to fill one out until I complete my BMQ?

You are good to go......

Back