• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]

yourboat said:
Excellent, looks like your application took about as long as mine to process as well.

Considering the amount of testing you had to go through for aircrew as well you make mine look like a snail haha. Congratulations on your offer though! If I may ask how did you find out about your swear in date? I've yet to to receive a package or anything like that besides a verbal confirmation over the phone for an offer.

I was actually sent an email with the info. They may have tried to call but I was on vacation and away from my phone. I got a package with a bunch of stuff to sign and fill out. I'm sure you'll get the same thing soon. Its a few months away so they may take their time with it.

Hi all,

I'll also be heading to basic on Jan 16th, coming from Ottawa.  Looking forward to starting a new chapter!

Public Affairs (air force)! 

Here's my application history:

Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Direct Entry Officer
Trade Choice 1: Intelligence Officer
Trade Choice 2: Public Affairs Officer
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: 03 Jan 2014
CFAT: 25 Jan 2016 - passed
Interview: 16 May 2016
Medical : 17 May 2016
Background completed: Sometime in May
Written Communication Proficiency Test (WCPT): 7 July 2016 - Passed
Merit Listed: 7 July 2016
Position offered: 25 July 2016 (PAO)
Sworn in: 05 Jan 2017
BMOQ: 16 Jan 2017

I'm just not sure if I'm in the English or French course.....my preferred language was English but my native is French and my letter of offer was in French..... 

yourboat said:
I was actually sent an email with the info. They may have tried to call but I was on vacation and away from my phone. I got a package with a bunch of stuff to sign and fill out. I'm sure you'll get the same thing soon. Its a few months away so they may take their time with it.

I see. The same thing happened to my buddy although he wasn't away on vacation. I think they sent a detailed email out in case you weren't able to answer their phone calls. He signed the offer and emailed the scanned document back in whereas I accepted mine verbally over the phone. It's just that getting an offer is so surreal to me that I prefer getting a piece of paper to confirm hahaha! You're right though I'll just wait patiently for my dates and package since BMOQ is still quite a few months away.

I received my offer by phone then by email a few days ago for AEC and I will be joining a french platoon in january [emoji3]

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi guys!

Nice to meet you all and congrats! I've received my offer this summer for Pilot DEO, will be sworn January 5th and starting my BMOQ not long after that. In a french platoon though. Can't wait... as you said it's going to be a long fall!

Hey guys!
Congrats to everyone on who received an offer and is on their way to bmoq in January. I myself just received and accepted an offer for DEO pilot a few weeks ago! I am really looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life!

Is anyone doing anything specific to get themselves physically prepared for basic training?

Hey everybody congrats on your offers! I look forward to working with y'all! Just wondering how long did it take for you guys to receive the email after they called you for an offer? My CFRC called me on August 26th, 2016 for my offer for BMOQ on January 16th, 2017, asked about how I would like to swear in, and verbally asked if I accept the offer. Of course I accepted! However, it's now been a month and I still haven't gotten my swear in date and further details through email, is that normal?

Congrats Faraneith  and KD18!  Any idea what you would like to fly yet? 

As for how I'm preparing....I'm slowly amping up my running and working out regularly (swimming, lifting, flipping tires  [:p ).  I'm a slow runner so I want to get my 5k around 25 minutes so I have a good 4-5 minutes to shave off!

Faraneith, are you swearing in in Ottawa? My ceremony is also January 5th and I'll be going to French BMOQ.

DYMO

BlueAngels14 said:
Hey everybody congrats on your offers! I look forward to working with y'all! Just wondering how long did it take for you guys to receive the email after they called you for an offer? My CFRC called me on August 26th, 2016 for my offer for BMOQ on January 16th, 2017, asked about how I would like to swear in, and verbally asked if I accept the offer. Of course I accepted! However, it's now been a month and I still haven't gotten my swear in date and further details through email, is that normal?

BlueAngels14,

I didn't receive a phone call, just an email with a letter of offer in attachment and a swear in date.  Best call your recruitment center, they'll be able to sort that out! 

DYMO

BlueAngels, I received the phone call on a Monday morning, then I had the email with all the new paperwork to be filled out and the formal offer letter later that same day. I would definitely call the recruiting center if you have not heard anything yet. They may have the wrong email or it may have went to the spam folder (or their system glitched and never got sent in the first place).

Thanks for the replies gentlemen! With Sergeant Laen's kind assistance I finally received the official letter through email today. I've never printed, signed, scanned, and sent the darn thing back so quickly in my life haha. Cheers! [lol:

BlueAngels14 said:
Thanks for the replies gentlemen! With Sergeant Laen's kind assistance I finally received the official letter through email today. I've never printed, signed, scanned, and sent the darn thing back so quickly in my life haha. Cheers! [lol:

Congrats (officially)!

Someone should start a 'Sergeant Laen appreciation society'.  He/she is the best and always quick to respond to questions. 

DYMO said:
Congrats (officially)!

Someone should start a 'Sergeant Laen appreciation society'.  He/she is the best and always quick to respond to questions.

Thanks DYMO!

LOL! I sincerely hope Sergeant Laen sees this! :salute: There should be one for DAA too. [:D

Back