• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]

J

JDG

I will be sworn in in September and the only information I was given was that it would be a formal occassion and that I would have my choice of whether or not I wanted to swear on the bible (I chose yes for tradition‘s sake).

Is the swearing in ceremony usually a big deal, with speeches, photographers, etc.., or is it a more private affair with only a couple of officers, the candidates and invited guests?

Just wondering what to expect. Thanks.

JDG,

I was just sworn in Friday as a Captain. The ceremony was held at the local recruiting centre with the clerk assigned to my application and one officer to perform the swearing in.

It was done in front of a picture of the queen and the colours. The clerk told me that my family was welcome if they wanted to attend for pictures and the like. Wasn‘t possible for them to be there do to schedules and I didn‘t originally think it mattered to me. IN hindsight it would have been nice to have them there for the occassion.

No speeches, and no real audience unless you bring your own. I was sworn in alone but the clerk said they usually have a half dozen or so at a time.

Mine was in the C.O.‘s Office of my chosen Unit and the same flag,Queen,bible etc. but I started to laugh and was questioned about it.
At the time I was still Brit and said as much.

I find it rather funny swearing allegiance to me own Queen here.Puzzled look‘s all around,Of course
I say‘s,it‘s my birth right as a Brit,Oh ok we get you.
Also I was born June 2nd,1953,anyone?

Queen Bess‘ Coronation Day!!

I heard afterward‘s it was one of the funniest swearing in‘s they had witnessed just because of my logic and sense of haha

I‘ll choose to swear in with the bible when my time comes.

You‘ll be fine, good luck, have fun and see you
at the unit!

By the way Do i need to take anything to the interview?

I completed my interview just yesterday.

In my situation, I required absolutely nothing for the interview. Everything, in terms of documentation and such, they already had. Unless you specifically know you wish to bring something to their attention, there‘s nothing specific you need to bring.

I personally would suggest bringing (wearing) formal attire; I feel it makes a positive impact. I personally, if I were conducting the interview, would consider it a good start if the applicant walked in looking formal. At least something to show they care, and desire to be there. But that‘s just my little rant :)

Yeah, that‘s what i thought u know, I‘m gonna dress formal. Plus I like the look. :)

Can‘t agree with Cycophant more, definitely dress for the interview like any other job you would like to have.

My interviewer actually joked about a few people who he had interviewed and had worn clothes suitable for the gym and such. His comment was that they started their interviews in the negative do to the first perception. First impressions do make a difference.

Good luck.

HAHA! yes! did my interview this morning, I feel great. Yes, dressing formally made me feel more comfortable and my interviewer was a very good guy. I‘m suitable for Artillery, armoured and infantry, but i‘m going for artillery.

Congrats Arty, I guess you‘re all set for basic
then. See you in September!

Yeah, bro! I just gotta make a call to Anderson and tell him and get things finished up, until then i got alot of work to do at my family job. ugh hate it. Can‘t wait to train.

hey, that apitude test wasn‘t as easy as I thought hahah, i did poopy on the math, but i passed so im pretty pumped. The odds of me geeting in this summer to basic training isn‘t the greatest, but when do you get sworn in? After the medical and physical. I have an interview in a week then my tests.

Here is how it seems to be...

You‘d only get sworn in once you complete the whole recruiting process and they have an offer for you to start Basic.

Sometimes you can get sworn in the day before you leave, sometimes it might be a week or two before. During the time you are sworn in and the time Basic starts, you are officially on Leave without Pay and senority does NOT start during this period, only once you start Basic.

If any of this info is wrong... please don‘t hesitate to put me in my place :p

so if i finnish up everything and there isn‘t enough spots open for me i am still not in army? Or i am in the army and just not set up for anything yet?

You are not officially in the Army until you are sworn in, which only happens after you get an offer, this is where alot of people wait if they are looking for a specific trade that is not in high demand. (do those still exisit ? :p )

It depends upon whether or not you are applying Reg Force or P Res. Reg Force applicants have to wait until the trade opens and they are selected from a national list. For the P Res, the recruiting centre sends the completed file to the unit and the unit decides when and if you are enrolled.

Back