• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Epilepsy (Merged)

• Thread starter MuayThaiFighter
  • Start date
We may "bear" with you, but I doubt that anybody here wants to "bare" with you.

Anyway, nobody here can, or will, give you medical advice.

I'll say this about your poll - the second option, isn't an option, since the Reserves have the same COMMON Enrollment Medical Standard as the Regular Force; therefore, if you can't get into the Regular Force with epilepsy, you're not getting into the Reserves.  This is going to be between you, your doctors and the Recruit Medical Officer to get sorted out so that the application can be finalized for better or worse.  BTW, your poll questions you posed are best suited for direct questioning in your post, not a poll.

A little point of grammar - "is" is the word more suited for an "option" and "are" is best suited for "options".  This will help you out not just here, but out in the real world, where your level of written communications are how you're often initially judged for jobs.

Good luck.

MM

Merged, and irrelevant poll removed.

Fine, but that does not change reality or your options, unfortunately.

The only way for you to know if you would be acceptable or not is to actually apply, as we advise all others with similar questions.

Be prepared for a negative response, however.

Loachman said:
Fine, but that does not change reality or your options, unfortunately.

The only way for you to know if you would be acceptable or not is to actually apply, as we advise all others with similar questions.

Be prepared for a negative response, however.

I got to the medical part of the application process and was denied. Tried again, same results. Was not sure if other people had the same experience. Probably won't get accepted, just thought others had different outcomes. But thanks for the grammar lesson, not sure that's what I asked for in my post. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers.

MattyMcGregz said:
Was not sure if other people had the same experience.

I mean, you already know the reality of your specific situation:

[quote author=MattyMcGregz]"Should I just wait to see what happens over a couple more years, whiling still getting checked up and some tests?"[/quote]

What else can you do? I wouldn't direct the path of your life on the slim chance everything works out eventually and you pass the medical.

MattyMcGregz said:
I got to the medical part of the application process and was denied. Tried again, same results. Was not sure if other people had the same experience. Probably won't get accepted, just thought others had different outcomes.

Like I said, between you, your docs and the RMO at this point.  If the RO gave some advice, like needing to be off meds and seizure free for at least "X" months, that's something you'll have to discuss.  Others have had had SIMILAR situations, but similar doesn't equate with what's going on with YOU - something that's been brought up before in another thread.  Each of these issues are individualized to the applicant.

MM

Back