• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EV's, Gas/Oil, and The Future- another swerve split from- JT Hints Boosting Canada’s Military Spending

Maybe if larger vehicles weren't exempt certain efficiency requirements, and had onerous taxes if they didn't meet efficiency requirements. That might push car manufacturers in North America to offer smaller, better designed vehicles- that are available offshore.
Most people get trucks/full size SUVs because there is not a significant cost differential between that and a minivan or larger sedan. Some need them, most dont- at least in Alberta (where culture comes into play).

People also don’t need to fly in a private jet and can just as easily use commercial. Start banning private air travel then we can talk about banning vehicles you shouldn’t be driving.
You should be in the Olympics with that jump. I said nothing about banning. Make people think about what they need, and maybe reduce fuel consumption.

Standing by for being brigaded about how much more efficient trucks are now. So is everything else.
And I drive a 2002 Sonoma V6, so take from that what you want.

Yes but perhaps the market is not being offered the choices it wants.

…or perhaps it is, and a video blogger perhaps doesn’t know the market as much as a money making business better than a multi-national corporation?

You should be in the Olympics with that jump. I said nothing about banning. Make people think about what they need, and maybe reduce fuel consumption.

Standing by for being brigaded about how much more efficient trucks are now. So is everything else.
And I drive a 2002 Sonoma V6, so take from that what you want.
if the government dictates that only 60% of the vehicles sold can be ICE and you happen to pull in to your local ford dealership after that percentage has been reached, guess what, you are banned from buying your desired ICE. So no jump

I'm currently in Chania Crete. The biggest vehicles here are Ford Rangers.

And my pick up would not fit this place.

Having said that there is no way in hell I will willfully regress into buying some small compact car that I see over here. What I have offers me capability and power on call. It offers me room and comfort and it offers the spaces to carry ot tow many things. And it comes with a fuel efficiency that is fair for what I am getting in return.

I understand trucks aren't for everyone, and we all have personal choices; but for my money I don't know why anyone would want to own anything else. But that's just me, no imposition intended.

Funnily enough, the reasons we are seeing less affordable ICE cars on offer in North America is because of low fuel mileage mandates.

EVs and hybrids are bringing down the average fuel mileage of their fleets. Auto makers make way more money selling EVs/hybrids, trucks, SUVs, performance models and luxury models than they ever do selling small ICEs that get 40mpg and cost $20,000. The low fuel mileage mandates imposed by government is allowing the auto makers to stop selling affordable ICEs. Many people want to get a more fuel efficient car because of high fuel prices, but can’t afford the hybrid or EV options currently on offer. People end up buying bigger vehicles than they want or need now because they can’t get anything smaller or cheaper anymore.

So we should be driving Honda Civic ICE vehicles instead of Tesla 3s! Got it.

Besides, a Tesla 3 is 100% more $$$ than a Civic and 33% heavier/deadlier.

Edit to add for those who don’t like to read the fact sheet:

Tesla 3: 4032 lbs ☠️☠️ ☠️
Civic: 2965 lbs. 🎈🎈

Last edited:
Back