• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EV's, Gas/Oil, and The Future- another swerve split from- JT Hints Boosting Canada’s Military Spending

I decided the extra money was worth it and went with the Crosstrek over the Kona or Seltos- and 95% of the time I have no regrets. Cottage week with two carseats? Boy that's tight, and there was some triage to pare down what went with us.

Pretty much talked myself into upgrading into Ranger or fullsize SUV by next year, then my Dad made me feel silly by pointing out that the cost comparison between a 40k vehicle purchase and a 25% tourist premium on groceries for 1 week of the year isn't particularly close.
I have a XL Thule box for my Suburban, and I use it a bunch. Now some of it comes from the fact my kit always expands to fill the available space - but with wife, kids, and two 80+ lb labs, space disappears fast.

I’m headed to Ft Campbell in a few weeks, between gear, guns and ammo, there is not a lot of room for others. Plus I need to make room for bringing more ammo home ;)

True, but the upfront cost for multiple charging stations will not insignificant.
Wonder, over the lifetime of a distribution hub, how that compares to the nuisance factor and straightforward costs of either maintaining your own tank and pumps or dealing with cardlock arrangements for every vehicle (including drivers' time and so on).

Don't forget the cost of the backup generators and their maintenance. When the City of Edmonton built the new north side bus barn to house their fleet of now mostly inoperative electric buses one of first things they installed was 2 massive diesel generators out front. Hard to charge your fleet of electric whatever if there isn't any electricity. Imagine if the power goes out and people don't get their Amazon packages because the fleet of vans can't be charged. That would be a disaster.

I have a XL Thule box for my Suburban, and I use it a bunch. Now some of it comes from the fact my kit always expands to fill the available space - but with wife, kids, and two 80+ lb labs, space disappears fast.

I’m headed to Ft Campbell in a few weeks, between gear, guns and ammo, there is not a lot of room for others. Plus I need to make room for bringing more ammo home ;)
Trailer works well for ammo.
I use to have a picture of a Iltis trailer we had laden full of small arms ammo we drove up the Malahat oVancouver r Island To the range in Nanaimo. The boys did not like that drive. Lol

Back