• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EV's, Gas/Oil, and The Future- another swerve split from- JT Hints Boosting Canada’s Military Spending

Tesla built a nest of 12 chargers here in North Van, I seen it used twice since it was built. I think this is why he fired his Charging team.

If you have a Tesla in North Van, you likely have installed a charger in the garage.

I would never buy an EV of any kind if I had to rely on public chargers other than travelling. Even then I wouldn't trust the public charging infrastructure in -30c, that's asking for a life-threatening situation. Gas stations on the other hand always work and always pump gas in those temperatures.

If you have a Tesla in North Van, you likely have installed a charger in the garage.

I would never buy an EV of any kind if I had to rely on public chargers other than travelling. Even then I wouldn't trust the public charging infrastructure in -30c, that's asking for a life-threatening situation. Gas stations on the other hand always work and always pump gas in those temperatures.
Yea I think they never bothered to look at their own data, before building it. The one up at the London drugs is busy, that's because people plug in and go shopping or getting their prescription which always takes 1/2hr. So that makes sense. The other one has no real draws to it.

because they don't have 450 dollars to spend on a solar oven maybe? The wood for charcoal is free for the gathering.
except its not free in any way other than they might not have to pay for the wood. You can get family size ones for less than 450. I bought mine for 300 and its not even a chinese one

except its not free in any way other than they might not have to pay for the wood. You can get family size ones for less than 450. I bought mine for 300 and its not even a chinese one
which is 10 days salary for the average Ugandan and more than a months pay for the person who is making charcoal. I agree totally will your premise of switching to solar ovens etc. for places like Uganda but the dollars just aren't there. They don't even have sufficient netting to prevent malaria

PBO: Gotta get cheaper to run those things if you want to sell enough of those things to meet targets ....
From the horse's mouth ...
Full PBO report attached.

Attachments

"The report compares the purchase price of a new vehicle, along with federal and provincial rebates for electric vehicles and the operating and maintenance costs over eight years."

So those who cannot afford to buy electric vehicles are forced to subsidize those who can through their taxes.

Silly Robin Hood. he had it backwards all along.

I found this article amusing... Apparently the electric school busses haven't been all that useful, so maybe this is a face saving measure.

P.E.I. government buying only diesel school buses this year, despite plan to phase them out

"We need the buses on the road. We're in limbo as far as where our federal funding is, and we hope to get that cleared up," he said.

"I think if you look across Canada, you'll see all kinds of jurisdictions planning the switch to electric buses that are kind of in limbo while they wait for this funding, because the electric school bus is obviously more than double the cost of a diesel bus."

What if they used a larger fleet of smaller 3-wheel electric rickshaws and 2-wheel scooters to take the kids to school?
That could get a bit sporting with a few inches of snow on the ground, or in freezing rain... I like it!

The children will have to make concessions to save the world.
It's all for the greater good.
Animated GIF

Back