• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Favorite Issued Kit

Forgot…

Gortex socks, green, almost knee-high. I got tired of buying my own kit (Matterhorn field boots and Rocky socks) before these came out…

Still use the issued one, they’ve held up really well and I can patch them if needed.

Last edited:
Forgot…

Gortex socks, green, almost knee-high. I got tired of buying my own kit (Matterhorn field boots and Rocky socks) before these came out…

Still use the issued one, they’ve held up really well and I can patch them if needed.
In that note, the issued patch kit is frankly really good. I’ve fixed a ton with it and it’s always held up really well

Forgot…

Good call I've used a set I have a few times.

Or gravy…
If memory serves me correctly - back in the days of the Centurions and when our RP4s came with tin cans and not bags - tank crews would put their cans in a metal box above the radiators which were towards the centre rear of the engine and had a small access hatch. The heat there was a constantly around 180*F so you could just go out onto the engine deck and grab a hot can.

That and they had boiling vessels for making the gravy in.

tank GIF

🍻

There we were in wainwright, February with -30 as the standard. Hot meals come out and sadly it’s army “steak.” Not to to fear, we ice bagged the left overs and tossed them in the admin bin to flash freeze. Full week goes by of smashing steak sandwiches off the panini press in the back.

Sir Ranulph Fiennes' choice of glove for arctic/ antarctic expeditions?

View attachment 74745

'My wife said I was irritable, so I thought, “Why not cut off the dead bits myself?” So I got out the Black + Decker bench and a saw, and my wife brought me cups of tea. The thumb took two days, but eventually I got rid of all five of the ends, and the surgeon said I’d done a good job!'

When you're eyeing the Dewalt chop-saw and having thoughts of self-surgery, break out the Tetley :)

'My wife said I was irritable, so I thought, “Why not cut off the dead bits myself?” So I got out the Black + Decker bench and a saw, and my wife brought me cups of tea. The thumb took two days, but eventually I got rid of all five of the ends, and the surgeon said I’d done a good job!'

When you're eyeing the Dewalt chop-saw and having thoughts of self-surgery, break out the Tetley :)
Please. Brooke Bond's PG Tips, old boy.

Sir Ranulph Fiennes' choice of glove for arctic/ antarctic expeditions?

View attachment 74745

I used the army's arctic mitts doing a mining exploration job in Northern Manitoba, we still worked (not efficiently) at -50 and those mitts saved my fingers.

Back