• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Feature Requests

Here is a common one found on other similar games (i.e. mafia wars):

The ability to sell kit we've purchased for milpoints.

I accidentally spent close to 500mp on a ton of 5.56 ball ammo... and it would be nice to get it back... :)

Lumber said:
Here is a common one found on other similar games (i.e. mafia wars):

The ability to sell kit we've purchased for milpoints.

I accidentally spent close to 500mp on a ton of 5.56 ball ammo... and it would be nice to get it back... :)

Took the words out of my mouth, except i bought way too many double doubles' HA HA HA

I'd sure like to cash them back in for milpoints to buy other items... HA HA HA

Some kind of "grafitti wall" where users can post messages and leave notes to each other, comment about missions or otherwise interact with each other within the confines of the game application itself.

I liked the idea of a "bathroom stall" kind of concept but whatever works.

Here's another one from similar online games.

When you complete training on a piece of equipment, and the dialogue boxes appears at the top that says "Rifle proficiency increased to Level 2 (34%) for -2CR" (or whatever it says), you should have a button that appears next to it that says "Train the Equipment again". The training screen can become very long once you own lots of equipment, and having to scroll down the list and find the equipment every time can become rather tedious.

This would be particularly useful for training, but you could also do it for missions, with a button that says "conduct this mission again".

Cheers.

Also, I don't know if you have ever played Mafia Wars before Mike, but I would recommend trying it out to see some of the features of one of the most popular fbook games out there. Mafia Wars is a little over the top nowadays (way too many features, it's become kind of complicated), but it's still worth taking a look at for ideas.

Cheers,

Lumber said:
Here's another one from similar online games.

When you complete training on a piece of equipment, and the dialogue boxes appears at the top that says "Rifle proficiency increased to Level 2 (34%) for -2CR" (or whatever it says), you should have a button that appears next to it that says "Train the Equipment again". The training screen can become very long once you own lots of equipment, and having to scroll down the list and find the equipment every time can become rather tedious.

This would be particularly useful for training, but you could also do it for missions, with a button that says "conduct this mission again".

I like this idea. Its hard to find the item you were training, especially when you have 60+ items that I have. I can't imagine what it would be like at level 100.

Can't remember if I put this one up or not:
But seeing as we have so many pipers on the site, perhaps a new training item of learning certain things like...read music...learn a new tune...learn to play with others (very! important in the band) ...learning a difficult sequence..

Just my  :2c:
:piper:

Perhaps something you could add is a uniform tab. This tab would have a picture of a DEU tunic with your medals (or maybe ribbons?) on it as well as a rank on the side (so some sort of balance would need to be made for numeric ranks to actual ranks).

Lumber said:

Great idea Lumber, it's now in the game - thanks! I also like the other ideas... the DEU could be a bit complicated but I'll see what I can do. I'm sure folks could provide a good source image. ;)

Re: Milpoints

If you are one of the top daily milpoint achievers, there are bonus milpoints to be had.  However, all of the purchases for AO are subtracted from your total of what you have obtained during the day.  I understand if you have points subtracted due to posts being deleted, but if you do alot of purchasing in the game during a day, it is effecting your daily balance.  IMO game purchases should not count negatively to your daily count.

Probably take a little while to code, but how about cooperative missions? Say myself and Grimaldus want to take on an HVT, but niether of us have the Int. Split the cost 50/50, and split the rewards 50/50 plus a 5% CE bonus for teamwork. This could also go into the main missions, but that might be better if there were special "Fireteam Only" missions that are lower CR and high CE payoff.

Edit: Forgot to add that there should be a counter shown on the PER screen, and the more teamwork missions you do, an increasing bonus is awarded in say, Milpoints, or random 1/1000 chance of a merit point. Definately would add into strategy and help build the Afghan Ops players into a bigger community.

Actually, that gives me an idea. Would there be a possibility to have the ability to do a mission with a section or something? Say, for example, I want to do a mission but it requires more CR than I have the opportunity to have, then I can use a section to do the mission with me but I only get a percentage of the CE

(your CR / CR required) * (mission CE) perhaps?

I think CE should still be gained even if you fail a mission. Doesn't it worked like that IRL?
I'd make it 1/3 or a 1/4 of what you'd get if you didn't fail.

INT

How about still being able to collect INT even if the mission was a failure. 

I have zero experience of real Afghan tours... but it would seem INT could be collected in all situations. 

Just a thought.

Would it be possible if missions didn't always use up all of their required equipment. For example, "Take a Sentry Shift" uses the 5.56 ball ammo, but you wouldn't necessarily come across enemies every sentry shift, and thus, wouldn't use up your ammo.

A way to sell equipment back to the QM for milpoints.

Maybe 1/2 what they cost to buy or 1/3 or something?

How about the ability to "Find" a box of milpoints on a mission? 

Make it part of HVM's, and include a random number of MP's up to your daily total (ie, 0-50 for a non-subscriber, 0-100 for a subscriber)

Make the boxes of MP's like Int.  Only instead of your Attention to Detail being the deciding factor, make it your Initiative?

Oh, and having the ability to sell stuff back would be good.  I'm sitting on a couple hundred extra Double-Doubles....dang typos.

NS

I don't know a lot about your morals or computer code.

But if you want to make more money some good ideas instead of just "Buy MP with $" would be:

1) Sell CR Refills something like $2.50 to refill your CR

2) Sell Merit Points maybe something like $1 for 5 Merit points?

3) Sell level ups (maybe something like $4)

SevenSixTwo said:
I don't know a lot about your morals or computer code.

But if you want to make more money some good ideas instead of just "Buy MP with $" would be:

1) Sell CR Refills something like $2.50 to refill your CR

2) Sell Merit Points maybe something like $1 for 5 Merit points?

3) Sell level ups (maybe something like $4)

Yes, its a quick way for Mike to make money, but its no fun if you work hard on your character without buying levels and merit points and someone constantly is ahead of you on the leaderboard because they paid to be there. Not as big a deal because its not a player vs player fighting game, but still gives a huge advantage to those that pay for it.

PuckChaser said:
Yes, its a quick way for Mike to make money, but its no fun if you work hard on your character without buying levels and merit points and someone constantly is ahead of you on the leaderboard because they paid to be there. Not as big a deal because its not a player vs player fighting game, but still gives a huge advantage to those that pay for it.

Well, this is a gigantic debate since it happens either legally or illegally in the online gaming world ALL the time. However, I always liked the argument for people purchasing through the game because it makes sense:

If someone plays the game 24/7 they are a good character at the game but what if someone can't play much at all but they still enjoy the game. Surely, it would be moral for them to be able to purchase more of the game so they can enjoy it as much as everyone else (especially since it seems higher ranks have more fun in the game right now than lower ranks).

Also, if the company is selling the "currency/levels/etc" instead of outside agencies/gamers/companies than the company benefits which, in turn benefits you as their income gives them the resources to add more features for you: the player.

Also, another way which, this situation is MORE fair to you "the player who has worked so hard to get to where he is" is to simply make it so you cannot buy more than one level/one CR refill/five merit points/a Milpoints purchase every 24 hours which, will keep those players behind you. However, the player who has been playing forever such as you could get even farther ahead by being an old player AND purchasing. This is just a way to limit to how fast those purchase players can go.

But, imagine how good this could go for Milnet.ca and the game as well as Mike Bobbit. I remember reading about a man who spent over $7,000 on Mafia Wars. It's insane but he was rich.

I'm with Puckchaser on this.

Buying levels or merit points would remove much of the challange of the game.

Back