• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Few Questions

rdschultz

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I found this site yesterday, and I‘m very impressed. I just have a few comments and a couple questions. I spent last night reading the recruiting section, did a few searches, and didn‘t find anything specific to these questions.

It was interesting to see the different application procedures. The amount of time it took, and whatnot. I was surprised to find out that most people don‘t do the CFAT, Interview, Medical, and PT all in one day. I guess thats the way Saskatoon runs it, but it seems most don‘t.

On to the questions. I‘ve applied for CELE, AERE, and SIG O as a DEO (in that order). Is there the potential to get offers for all three occupations? I‘m not sure if I want to go Air or Army, and I waffle quite regularly on whether I‘d rather have SIG O as my first choice. Can I make that decision assuming I get an offer? Also what are the chances for deployment on these three occupations? I assume SIG O is much higher than CELE.

Next, I have only one major downfall, as I see it. My credit rating isn‘t great. I defaulted on a bank student loan, and am beginning to repay it. As part of the application, I got a letter from the bank saying that we‘d reached an agreement, and I gave proof that I was repaying it. I saw this addressed in another question regarding OSAP, but with no specificity to the seriousness of this. I‘m just curious how this affects my chances. Is it a major problem, or a relatively minor one?

From what I‘ve been told by the recruiting center, selection boards will be on April 26. I think the sheet the Captain was showing me said thats when applications were due though, not when the boards are. Any of the people who work in CFRCs have any current information on this?

Anyways, I think thats it. I don‘t think these are common questions (well, except for the last one). I‘m really looking forward to finding out if I‘m in or not, and I‘m quite excited about it.

For your credit probs, as long as you‘ve taken control, so to speak, there shouldn‘t be any problem. As you have made some statements to this effect (ie: repayment agreement) I don‘t believe this will be a concern for you. Didn‘t you talk about this in your interview? If it was a problem, I‘m sure the interviewing officer would have had more than a few questions for you about it. It is a problem for an applicant if they have large debts but have not taken any action to sort it out.

It is most likely that you will get an offer for one of your choices one day and then a few days later get an offer for another of your choices. As far as how much time they give you to accept an offer after you receive one, I don‘t know and I hope someone on this forum can give an answer to this. If you decide that Sig O is the occ you want, then you just need to wait for an offer to come in for it.

That‘s interesting info about the April 26 deadline for apps. Just last week I called up my file manager and asked about that very thing. The vague answer I got was that the officer selection boards would be held "sometime" in May. So it stands to reason that April 26 can be the deadline. Working hard to be ready for my PT test in mid-April.... cardio is the bane of me.

Hi Hoser,

With regards to your credit rating, you may have defaulted on your loan, but you have since taken care of the problem and are handling the situation. The recruiting guys are interested in seeing that you are responsible and are not in a major financial crisis before you sign up.

My application is going to through a similar hold up due to my credit situation. I have one dispute with the bank over identity theft. ie theives stole my bank card info, stole money, and guess who gets the credit complaint! Despite the fact the thieves were caught and convicted.

Anyway, the guys at CF just asked me to show documentation on my side of the story, and I am sure everything will be good after that.

Back