• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fleece Top

BKells

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone know the official dress regulations on the fleece top? I want to walk to work wearing it, it's too warm for a jacket and too cold for nothing at all.

It is not an 'Outer Garment' when in Garrison or 'town'.

Different story on Exercise/in Field.

George Wallace said:
It is not an 'Outer Garment' when in Garrison or 'town'.

Different story on Exercise/in Field.

+ 1

As for wearing it as an inner garment, some places it's ok to have the collar out or hanging overtop your CMBT TOP; others, they make fun of you and tell you to tuck it in. Your mileage may vary.

Also bare in mind, if you're wearing it in the field as an outer-garment (As I often do) the slightest spark will burn it (Won't burn, melts... nasty results...)

Try the long underwear under your shirt.  I find the fleece warmer then the jacket and it won't cut the wind.

Just a Sig Op said:
Also bare in mind, if you're wearing it in the field as an outer-garment (As I often do) the slightest spark will burn it (Won't burn, melts... nasty results...)

i know what he's saying i can say that thats true........it happend to me, it sucks lol    :salute:

:cheers: :fifty:

If you were airforce, you would just walk around with your new cadpat rain jacket as a windbreaker.... :rage:

BKells said:
Anyone know the official dress regulations on the fleece top? I want to walk to work wearing it, it's too warm for a jacket and too cold for nothing at all.

I think that the "BadMan" answer would be:

"Just go ahead and wear it... somebody will let you know whether it's OK or not." :evil:

blake ;D

Ahem...
Official policy is that the fleece is not "appropriate" for wear in garrison.
If you can squeeze it under your shirt - go ahead and fill your boots BUT
no fleece to be seen on the streets or on base.

Where did you find that it was official policy ??

Can't remember but it's out there...

BKells, you really don't want to be wearing it on the outside walking to CSDH, way too many mil people in that area... they'll be yelling at you from the balconies "that's not an outer garment!!!"  ;)

There's a 2005 CANFORGEN out that talks about where certain thngs can be worn. Fleece is only to be worn as an outer garment in the field. In the same CANFORGEN it says that the desert boots are not authorised footwear in Canada, not even in the field.  :crybaby:

Back