• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

I'm pretty sure that's another LEO he's talking too. Looks like a duty belt with mags. But either way, we are on the same page. The whole thing is dumb and its a deceitful willful attempt to foster outrage.
The Twitter poster is a left wing activist apparently. So I’m not shocked.

Someone started it as a joke (on 8chan or some other dumb board?) that it made the 'WP' symbol for white power and were running around being edge lords. Then actual white supremacists started using it as an actual WP symbol. I think that's mostly in the US and in a certain age group, but one of those stupid meme trends.

Similarly, not even sure what it was called, but there was something stupid going around about twenty years ago with guys making that symbol upside down around waist level, and if you saw it, you were 'caught' and got a nut shot for it. So dumb, but was funny when I was in my early 20s I guess. So was a lot of other stupid things that would probably get me canceled today, so glad I grew up doing stupid things before cell phone cameras and social media enshrines it forever on the interwebs.

And sometimes it's just the okay symbol, so I guess context is everything. Sometimes it's just easiest to not ovethink things.
Found out about that prank while at Chilliwack doing officer basic in 1989. It was called the "Asshole Game" back then.

If one can trust the Southern Poverty Law Center (from 2018).....

tl:dr -- From the conclusion:
So when someone flashes the “OK sign” with that knowing smirk, it’s not just a harmless act that can be dismissed. It may or may not mean that they are a white nationalist attempting a sly signal. But the sign unquestionably identifies the user as one thing: a troll.

In my (non-tinfoil hat) opinion, I see a LEO adjusting sunglasses; take a valium and move along.

I think it's pretty hilarious their acronym is TUPOC (The United People of Canada), and also that while the reporter was there talking to them, a bylaw officer ticketed the TUPOC spokesperson's car for exceeding the 1 hour parking limit (after a blanket warning the day before). Seems like someone also tried to break into the separate rectory, so police are investigating that.

Some genius also decided to start doing unauthorized construction on the church, which is a registered heritage building; those fines can be huge.

What a bunch of idiots; they almost need a running montage of Balcony Ricky.
This appears to be one of their .... what: spokespersons? leaders? dishwashers (check the gloves)? (Photo from Graham Richardson of CTV/CJOH Ottawa)FbA9eyeX0AAm5l7.jpeg

"We're a serious organization with real goals" says the Bellend King, while wearing a paper crown from Burger King, rubber gloves and sporting a flag with the tree from the Elves in Lord of the Rings on it.

Along with the self proclaimed 'Queen of Canada' trying to arrest police, and these people trying to do a 'private prosecution' these people are just right out of it, and creating a lot of unnecessarily dangerous conflicts. Probably the best arguement for requiring more basic Canadian civics lessons in the school curriculum though.

is this performance Art?

What a bunch of maroons!

summer love GIF

"We're a serious organization with real goals" says the Bellend King, while wearing a paper crown from Burger King, rubber gloves and sporting a flag with the tree from the Elves in Lord of the Rings on it.

That is the White Tree of Gondor that you are refering to.
That is the White Tree of Gondor that you are referring to.
1661466847272.png

This thread has the full video. He’s clearly adjusting his glasses…

Reasonable explanations notwithstanding, I can see now how the wingnuts could spin this video and any screen captures with ease. Sure, he's appears to be adjusting his sunglasses , despite nothing appearing to be wrong with their placement. That he does this while probably speaking with a member of the TUPOCian High Council, and just happens to form the "sign"' while doing so as to cause a diplomatic incident between two governments.

This appears to be one of their .... what: spokespersons? leaders? dishwashers (check the gloves)? (Photo from Graham Richardson of CTV/CJOH Ottawa)View attachment 72762
If you look closely at the photo, someone has graffiti'd "RAM RANCH" on the steps. Are they trying to say this is where you go to find the 18 naked cowboys?

Back