• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gas prices

89.9 everywhere I‘ve looked in Saskatoon. Bloody ridiculous.

Wes: Crazy, LPG is 59.9/L here. We go through quite a bit (150 Liters or so on a good day; my dad is a professional hot air balloon pilot, and I‘m his crew). I wonder if its just taxes that makes up the difference between Australia and Canada, or if there‘s other factors.

We‘ve got a website dedicated to telling us how bad things are: http://www.ottawagasprices.com/

Other areas must have something similar...?

The LPG here is not taxed as heavily as ULP (Unleaded Petrol)and diesel.

Its to encourage the use of the cleaner fuel.

Any disadvantages? A little less power, and a little less L/100km, but overall better. I think i run at about 13L/100km on LPG.

I dont notice the lesser power. I do notice the savings. Ford www.ford.com.au and GMH (General Motors Holden)have designed the engines to accept LPG and ULP without any damage, so thats even for the better, and both companys make LPG only models too.

The federal government has announced that begininng in 2008 a creeping 12% rise in LPG will occurr over a period of years. We believe this is because of the popularity of the fuel.

Some Buses run on natural gas, most are diesel, and all taxis in Sydney are LPG only vehicles.

Any LPG or dual fuel vehicle has a red diamond sticker on the number plate to identify its LPG. Its a small sticker (2cm by 2cm) and goes in the centre, betweeen the numbers.

Cheers,

Wes

For the Edmontoners;

http://www.edmontongasprices.com/

Its Robbery and Thes s h it sticks are getting rich off of this.

86.9/Liter here in Midland Ontario

Around 93 here.

****in pathetic, no wonder I‘ve been doing so much running. Can‘t afford to drive. :eek:

About €1.25 in Paris. That‘s about $2(Cdn) per liter.

Yeah- I ride a bicycle to work everyday.

As of today petrol has topped over 104.9/l here in Sydney, but one can still shop around and pick it up for 92.9, but LPG is still anywhere from 27.9-33.9/l.

They say no letting up in the future too, so these outragous prices will be around for a while.

Aust Dollar about 72 US cents today.

Cheers,

Wes

Vancouver it‘s .97.5 :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Last night out in Abbotsford I got it for .82
$30.00 for 36 Lts. :mad:

I think its time the provinical goverment (Nova Scotia i‘m talking about here) seriously consider a goverment run system. What do you guys think?

I‘d disagree. And I can‘t imagine that it would beneficial for anybody.

It wouldn‘t reduce prices by much (if anything). The government would still be paying the same price as any public company. For a partial takeover (government taking over gas sales, but still private ownership of stations), you‘ve got to compensate the gas station owners. That costs money. For the government to take it over completely, it would have to pay fair market value for every gas station in the province. That costs a lot of money. These costs have to be accounted for. No private company is going to willingly give up business.

Even if they could lower immediate direct costs, they‘d have to make up those costs elsewhere. Whether its raising taxes, or cutting other programs, it wouldn‘t help anything, it‘d only mask the problem.

Nationalise all oil,gas!! :salute:
We have so much it‘s not funny but because of free trade we can‘t keep it or store a emergency or war reserve!!

Yup nationalise all our carbon fuel‘s for us,cheap at home but to all outsiders you pay top dollar!!

The gas prices are bloody crazy....91 cent per liter here in Chilliwack. :mad: That is on top of having to put my car through aircare before i can insure it :rolleyes: plus pay ICBC over$100./mo just to have basic insurance. I guess I‘ll have to store my car and travel by foot or take the bloody bus :rage:

Check the article for relative gas taxes between Canada and European countries.

Gas prices around the world

Price for premium unleaded in Canadian currency per litre

Vancouver $1.062
St. John‘s, Nfld. 98.6 ¢
Toronto 96.5 ¢
Edmonton 90.8 ¢
Charlottetown 88.8 ¢
Hamilton, Ont. 87.3 ¢

Canada average 95.8 ¢

Los Angeles 85.3 ¢
New York 76.8 ¢

U.S. average 73.3 ¢