• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

GD during the summer?

Tpr.Orange

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all im trying to figure out what a untrained private will do for GD during the summer...(BMQ And SQ) qualified but no driver wheel. Any ideas?

Cutting lawns, and painting (trim of bldg‘s etc), plus misc work parties as directed by the RSM/CSM, and maybe EN force if required. However untrained, say re-coursed, etc, if no wpns qual, no wpns.

Originally posted by Tpr.Orange:
[qb] Hey all im trying to figure out what a untrained private will do for GD during the summer...(BMQ And SQ) qualified but no driver wheel. Any ideas? [/qb]
G.D. can entail from pot walloping to fire picket.
Take your pick.

mmm pot walloping sounds like a load of fun....

but im not to sure if the duty is my choice lol

Originally posted by Tpr.Orange:
[qb] mmm pot walloping sounds like a load of fun....

but im not to sure if the duty is my choice lol [/qb]
Tpr,I was being nice!
You youngn‘s don‘t know what it was like before.
G.D was a punishment when in the Field or in Garrison.
Peel potatoe‘s,scrub pot‘s,etc.
You fuc&ed up or did not perform you where dealt with to make you a better Soldier.

In my own opinion and many will agree with me our present training system for recruit‘s suck‘s!!

F‘ you and you cival right‘s!
You have joined up to Defend your Country as such you must be held to a higher standered than Civie Street which Mil Law dictate‘s.

I have excepted these rule‘s for 28yrs now as a Militia Man to the chargrin of my wife.

Yes I can pontifacate to a point,you youngn‘s have it easy today!(I‘m 50 now )

Hey i agree with ya...

I think its pretty lax and weak but i figured for GD i was going to be asked to assist on course with supply etc...

Just a question, Tpr Orange:

You mention your quals as being BMQ/SQ. So I assume that you aren‘t yet trades qualified. In that case, why are you going on a GD tasking instead of your QL3 crse?

cause i need EME and since eme doesn‘t run during the summer for reserves i cant take my ql3

oh and just as a side note to that im also taking driver wheel and ill be at milcon after the summer GD tasking

Probably taskings.

If you‘re regular, then you may be going PRETC.

That‘s news to me. Last year CFSEME did run a QL3 veh tech and wpns tech. The course dates were approx June - Aug. Do you have EME Common yet?

QL3 is being run during the summer but EME is not being run and i need eme

yes but it isn‘t run until Fall winter...there is no course offered during the summer standdown

That makes more sense. Usually the EME Common course is run now. Thanks for the reminder, so I can check up on this at my unit.

Back