• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

get together/convention

Would you come to an Army.ca unofficial get together for the opening of the War Museum?

• Yes

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Possibly

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

big bad john

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I know that a lot of members of the site get together from time to time for a cold one or two.   Okay, who's really counting on those occasions!lol

Has anyone broached the subject of a National get together or convention this summer?   I just thought that I would throw this out "there" and see if anyone would be interested?

If that didn't float, how about regional get togethers from time to time?

It has been happening.  Quite often Gagetown is a center that many on this site 'have' to 'visit', and with some arm twisting and posting some of us have been able to have a cool one or two.  There are quite a few guys actually posted to Gagetown, so they can usually be relied upon to hoist a few.  Others have attempted the same during training in other locations also.

About six or seven of us got together in Gagetown last July/August.  It is rather hazy.

GW

Your are correct!  Just moved from Marville to Moose Jaw.  Not anywhere near Gagetown, except by train after leaving from Pointe du Chene.

I'm in Eastern Ontario (Cornwall area) - who's around here?

The problem for us part-timers, of course, is that postings don't happen except for special cases, or for courses...

There are quite a few posters from in or around Ottawa.. BBJ is one.  Mike Bobbit of course is there also.  Petawawa is just down the road and has a lot of activities this summer as part of the
Base's 100th Anniversary.  There are a lot of posters from Petawawa, and many who land up going there for courses or taskings. 

I know that when we got together in Gagetown, I was down there on tasking for CAP at the Inf School, and it was easy to find other posters who were also there.

If you watch some of the posts in the Recruiting Threads, some of these guys are getting Course Loaded in St Jean at the same times.  How many of them have actually met face to face is another question, and I wonder how their attitudes have changed since joining? 

The hard thing is really finding a central location (Pub or Restaurant) and a TIME when everyone can get together.

I think that it is time to make the effort.  Petawawa sounds good to me.  We should set a date.  Any suggestions, votes?

There is a Kelsey's that is easily accessable from Hwy 17 or any other route in the area.   I could mention this to Franko and 2Bravo.   Franko personally knows quite a few from other units.   Currently some, like Armymedic are posting from Afghanistan.

I am.  Michael Dorosh had a great idea about the weekend of the War museum opening.  Lot's going on that a group of  military types can enjoy, plenty of pubs to wet the whistle, and a great time of the year (May)

tess

If the time is right and my courses don't get in the way and all that jazz, I'm up for it.

Love to..
But living in Hamilton is sort of a restraint.
I want to see the new War Museum so badly, but unfortunately won't be able to this year, or even next year!

:'(

Can't make it out east any time soon - but what about a Vancouver Island rendezvous? I suspect there are a lot of Island posters here who might want to have a Victoria convention??

cheers, mdh

So, are we all gonna wear our Army.ca t-shirts?  Or should we go by haircuts, and "quart low" tanlines?

Sounds like a good time..if you don't mind a meathead around..I'm not that bad..really.

Where and when?

BTT

So do we have any more ideas and invitations in the works?  Gagetown, Edmonton/Wainwrght, Shilo/Portage La Prairie, Moose Jaw, South Creek, heading back to Saskatoon......opps.....Sorry!  Any Halifax or Vancouver and Victoria plans?

The Canadian War Museum Grand Opening is coming up fast.  There are many rumours of large crowds there.

Back