• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting ID in BC when you don't have any

Brasidas

Inactive
Reaction score
What do you need to start getting ID?

In order to get it, everyone seems to require ID that she doesn't have in order to get ID.

Her lack of ID has just become more of an issue as she can't hire a lawyer without proper ID.

Her wallet was lost two years ago and she's made occasional attempts at replacing her cards. All that's she's got are her (Canadian) passport (expired for 2.5 years) and her birth certificate. No credit cards, no BC care card (she has a number but no physical card).

She's a Canadian citizen, BC resident, and has a Canadian birth certificate. She has a cellphone plan with electronic billing. My name is on our PMQ, electricity, and gas bills.

Ontario birth certificate requires a guarantor: someone from a list of occupations who has known her for two years. We're trying spouses of acquaintances at this point, but it's a stretch. No family doctor or other direct guarantor available.

Social Insurance Number requires primary and secondary ID. Birth certificate meets the requirement for primary ID, but she doesn't have secondary.

BC Service Card
No non-expired primary ID.

Passport
Her passport expired before Feb 2019, so she has to get a new one rather than renew
None of the accepted pieces of ID.

This person exists, has professional employment, family, and friends. Where's the exit for the ID loop?

MY main question is, how the hell did you go this long without any ID??

I just had to order a new birth certificate from Ontario. It was shockingly fast.

The application is all online. I paid extra for the Express service, and mine arrived (I'm not kidding) 2 days after I ordered it. (And I live in Alberta).

What do you need to start getting ID?

In order to get it, everyone seems to require ID that she doesn't have in order to get ID.

Her lack of ID has just become more of an issue as she can't hire a lawyer without proper ID.

Her wallet was lost two years ago and she's made occasional attempts at replacing her cards. All that's she's got are her (Canadian) passport (expired for 2.5 years) and her birth certificate. No credit cards, no BC care card (she has a number but no physical card).

She's a Canadian citizen, BC resident, and has a Canadian birth certificate. She has a cellphone plan with electronic billing. My name is on our PMQ, electricity, and gas bills.

Ontario birth certificate requires a guarantor: someone from a list of occupations who has known her for two years. We're trying spouses of acquaintances at this point, but it's a stretch. No family doctor or other direct guarantor available.

Social Insurance Number requires primary and secondary ID. Birth certificate meets the requirement for primary ID, but she doesn't have secondary.

BC Service Card
No non-expired primary ID.

Passport
Her passport expired before Feb 2019, so she has to get a new one rather than renew
None of the accepted pieces of ID.

This person exists, has professional employment, family, and friends. Where's the exit for the ID loop?
Go to your local ICBC Office for BCID. You'll need to book an appointment but I went down there for a license renewal last month and it was pretty fast:

suggestion

call your local MPP and MP

I needed a birth certificate, I just went on line ordered, paid the fee it came in the mail

call your MP to get a new sin card that is what they are there for to help cut red tape

old passport can be used at some government offices

MPP can guide you or her how get a proper health card, I got one with their help for my dad while he was in ICU, took 5 days

driver permit might require a complete redo if she did not have a B.C. permit

but if she had one from there , they can find the number with her full name and Dob.

ask the MP, and the MPP for help

Back