• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting to St. Jean

Butters

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Has anyone who's been sworn In and had to fly to St.Jean been missing a thing called an "e-ticket". I and another person who're flying the same day, feb.4th didn't receive our "e-tickets". I don't know if this is going to cause a problem at the airline or not :s. Other members on the other hand that were sworn in with us and left on the 28th one of them showed me an "e-ticket". After talking with the guy who's flying with me he said, "I didn't get no ticket". He still is waiting to find out how he's getting from Smithers, British Columbia to Vancouver, British Columbia. They forgot to add a flight in there for him :s. Anyone have any info on this? If details needed: Company: WestJet, Time: 11:15am, port: Vancouver.

I received one for my trip and it was not requested at any point...just your name and some i.d. at the ticket counter of the airline you're flying with.  But it would be nice to have some documentation with you just in case.  Good luck to you at the BMQ.

seems most of the airlines up here, smithers, terrace, rupert dont really have tickets per se, just your name on record...go in with proper id and you should be fine

Listen to the recruiter, show some initiative, and call the recruiting centre.

I have flown from one side of the country to the other numerous times since I've been in the CF, never once have I had a plane ticket on paper. All you do is go to the check in, show some ID and they'll give you your boarding pass. You should however have received an itinerary stating what time you're leaving, which airline and what your flight numbers are. If you don't have an itinerary, do as already mentioned and call the recruiting centre.

thanks for the post guys. Turns out, "Not everyone gets an e-ticket". For the other fella going training with me turns out the RC messed up so he's no longer flying with us :'( he has to catch the 10:15am plane to Vancouver (90min flight) and he will be catching the 12:00pmISH flight to st.jean.

Thanks for the replies.

I cant get a clear answer about this, will the Canadian Forces supply me with a plane ticket? or do I have to add another expense to the list?? Some people have told me that they pay for it while others tell me the opposite, I am really short on cash right now due to personal reasons. Please  help me out..

Thx

jarko said:
I cant get a clear answer about this, will the Canadian Forces supply me with a plane ticket? or do I have to add another expense to the list?? Some people have told me that they pay for it while others tell me the opposite, I am really short on cash right now due to personal reasons. Please   help me out..

Thx

If you live far enough away from St Jean to warrant a flight to Montreal then that flight will be provided to you at no out of pocket cost to you.   Listen to your recruiting centre because they should have told you exactly what I just wrote.

My meeting is going to be on April 4th, I live in Toronto

They will pay for it.   I'm due to be at BMQ at the end of the month.
This is quoted right out of the package they sent me as I plagerize it from top to bottom of the topic "Travel to CFLRS Saint-Jean".

10. Travel arrangements (tickets, etc.) will be explained to you in these instructions. The Recruiting Centre will give you an "en route form", on which you are to indicate your itinerary. You will also be provided with an itinerary and maps, if necessary.   You are to report to CFLRS as follows:

a. Not later than noon on the Monday. This is so that you will be ready to begin your first week of training the next day;

b. recruits arriving at Dorval Airport must take the military bus that will transport them to CFLRS Saint-Jean.   If there is no military bus at Dorval Airport, you must check with CFLRS at (450) 358-7099, extention 6082 or 7229.   They will give you the bus schedule or authorize you to take a taxi.   The Appropriate fare for the trip from Dorval to Saint-Jean of from Place Bonaventure to Saint-Jean is $90.00;

c. recruits travelling by bus are to disembark at the Place Bonaventure station in Montreal.   From there, they are to take the Service bus, which departs the Berri-UQAM station to CFLRS Saint-Jean.   The schedule of the service bus is the same as in paragraph b.;

d. recruits travelling by train are to disembark at the Place Bonaventure station and take a taxi from there to the Berri-UQAM bus station if the military bus is not available.   The fare is approximately $10.00. From the Berry -UQAM station, the must take the Service bus for CFLRS Saint-Jean as explained in paragraph b.;

e. Usually an intructor from CFLRS will welcome you at the airport, bus depot or train station, and facilitate your arrival.   Look for somebody in CF uniform when you arrive;

f. if you must travel in a civialian vehicle, make sure yhat you note:
          (1)   the name of the vehicle owner; and
          (2)   the licence number of the vehicle; and

g. recruits who have transportation problems may contact CFLRS Saint-Jean at the following number: (450) 358-7099 extention 6082 or 7229.

--end of page---

This, however, doesn't explain if you need to pay for your ticket and the answer is no.   This is also part of the Enrollment and final briefing where this will all be explained.    The way it was explained to me (during the interview) was that the taxi ride to the airport will be reimursable, the plane ticket, to Dorval Airport, is an all exclusive paid one-way ticket.   By the looks of it you may need $200 dollars.    $90 dollars for a taxi ride from Dorval to Saint-Jean if approved and getting there doesn't fit the bus schedule and another $100 for contingencies.

I hope this helps for funds are tight this way too.  

Cheers!!
-Buzz

Damn i never recieved a package... but thanks for the info...

Here is your joining instructions.

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/english/recruits/ralliement/index_e.asp

And here is how to get there.

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/english/us/cartes_e.asp

Hey guys I have a question when I go on Basic do I have to find my own way to St. Jean the reason I ask is because I live about 45 mins from Ottawa in South Mountain and I was wondering if I caught military bus or would I have to cab it from Ottawa. My mom isn't too comfortable driving in Quebec thanks for all help :salute:

armyrules said:
Hey guys I have a question when I go on Basic do I have to find my own way to St. Jean the reason I ask is because I live about 45 mins from Ottawa in South Mountain and I was wondering if I caught military bus or would I have to cab it from Ottawa. My mom isn't too comfortable driving in Quebec thanks for all help :salute:

You can take a bus or train to Montreal (not 100% sure of that) from Ottawa.  If there are enough people coming in on that day there may be a bus to pick you up.  If not, it is very easy to take a civie bus to St Jean.  Everything about transport will be in the joining instructions.

http://www.elrfc.forces.ca/english/recruits/ralliement/index_e.asp

Thanks kincanucks I read the joining instructions and I found them a bit confusing but maybe it was just me I'll give them a look again thanks for your help

There is regular bus and train service between Ottawa and Montreal.  In Montreal, take the Metro to Longueuil on the South Shore.  Unless things have changed dramatically for the worse, busses for St-Jean leave from there regularly.  In my younger days, I did the St-Jean/Ottawa trip fairly regularly that way, until I got myself a beat-up old '75 Monte Carlo.

Thanks for the directions Horse_Soldier are the bus and train arrivals that these really messed up times like 2 am?

Bus from Ottawa to Montreal is 26$ circa one year ago (departs every 0.5-1 hrs)... If there's no group bus to St-Jean then I'd feel more comfortable taking the cab to St-Jean after arriving in Montreal, much less stressful than the city bus to St-Jean and (I believe) the expense is reimbursed.

Back