• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting to use the gym during your trade training?

yamahaguitarguy

Inactive
Reaction score
After basic training once you start your training for your selected job do you have access to the gym on base?

From my experience at CFSCE,  yes.  We did some morning PT at the base gym,  and in our off time we could go use it.  Other schools/courses could be different. 

I assume you are still wanting Supply Tech? 

I've been to the gym in Borden(while I was on PRETC),  from what I remember it was pretty good;  but busy.

Generally you will do formation pt  with your course in the mornings......

-Skeletor- said:
From my experience at CFSCE,  yes.  Other schools/courses could be different.  Also your ability to go to the base gym is going to be dependent on your time off from course. 

I've been to the gym in Borden(while I was on PRETC),  from what I remember it was pretty good;  but busy.

Yes I still want supply tech. I figured you would be able to go depending on your free time off of training, thanks for confirming.

-Skeletor- said:
From my experience at CFSCE,  yes.  We did some morning PT at the base gym,  and in our off time we could go use it.  Other schools/courses could be different. 

What's the gym in Kingston like Skeletor ? If you dont mind me asking.

TSpoon said:
What's the gym in Kingston like Skeletor ? If you dont mind me asking.

I've been to 8 different base gyms within Canada; Kingston IMO was the best.  Has a large weight room,  indoor track, pool, etc.  Can get a good pre/post workout run in if you run from the shacks to the gym and back.

Its a great gym, but very busy during mornings before 930, lunchtime, and after work from 3-6.

That pre/post workout run... if you like hills, its awesome.  >:D

-Skeletor- said:
I've been to 8 different base gyms within Canada; Kingston IMO was the best.  Has a large weight room,  indoor track, pool, etc.  Can get a good pre/post workout run in if you run from the shacks to the gym and back.

Awesome.Thanks Skeletor

PuckChaser said:
Its a great gym, but very busy during mornings before 930, lunchtime, and after work from 3-6.

Good to know, thanks

PuckChaser said:

Stupid Fort Henry....

Back