• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Guidance Regarding ROTP Civi-U

canadian_71

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just finished my first year of university as a civilian. I am entering 2nd year this fall and I want to apply to ROTP Civi-U for my 3rd and 4th year. My main concern is that I am hoping to transfer degrees from a science degree to business, however, I will not be informed about my transfer until February 2025. (I am on pace to graduate business in June 2027.) Am I still eligible to start an ROTP Civi-U application this fall, despite transferring degrees in February?

Additionally, unless the university makes an exception (this is due to prerequisites), I likely have to take a spring course at some point in my degree (it can be any of the spring semesters, including the year I graduate). Would this prevent me from being selected to ROTP?

Finally, the trades I am thinking of applying for are Health Services Management Officer (my first choice), Air Operations Officer, and Logistics Officer.
Thank you all so much!

I don't see switching degrees making you ineligible as long as the degree you're switching into aligns with the trade you want.

I got in starting my second year university, so it's definitely not too late. However, if you wait until after your second year it is most likely you'll have to end up going DEO.

If I was in your position I would definitely start your application as soon as possible. Just make sure during your interview etc you indicate your desire to change degrees. At this rate you'll probably hear about your degree change before your interview or anything anyways.

You can still take spring courses/summer courses in rotp, especially if they are required for your degree, again just indicate your desire to do so.

At this point your biggest battle is going to be with time, so if it's something you're interested in definitely get the ball rolling.

Lastly, I'm sorry your question went so long without getting answered. Civilian University rotp is definitely a pretty niche entry plan and there's not a lot of up-to-date information out there. But that's what I'm in, so if you have any more questions regarding this I'm your guy, feel free to message me.

I'd love to get a civilian University rotp group chat going at some point as well considering we all have pretty unique situations and are pretty isolated from the rest of the CAF.

Back