• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gun Control Outside of Canada.

Cloud Cover

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this since the US Gun thread is closed: https://abcnews.go.com/US/armed-bystander-shoots-kills-suspected-carjacker-washington-state/story?id=55967747

"Witnesses told KOMO that a total of three bystanders pulled guns on the suspect and at least one of them fired....."

but, but they told me the streets would run with blood and the other CCWer would shoot each other.....

From the initial report, it seems everyone did pretty much what they needed to do.

The previous thread went down with the rest. If it's not about Canadian Gun Laws, it belongs here. US, France, whatever.

Leave the Great Gun Control Debate 2.0 to strictly Canadian content please.

I have a ccw and all it took was to go to a police station,turn finger prints to the state,have a clean record.When i bought a couple of handguns lately,the store ran my background check and on  passing They gave me the guns to take home.

With the increase in CCW permits, I would like to see some training, but I know that any such requirements will get perverted into a way to block access, instead of increasing safety. I follow a number of forums and sites on the issue. One of the biggest issues, funny enough is gun handling going to the bathroom in a public place. There is quite the debate on best practices, but it seems most people feel sliding the holstered gun into your pants between your legs is the best and safest place and prevents being forgotten or snatched from under the stall.

Its not uncommon to see people at the store with their pistol in a holster.At home there is a pistol concealed in strategic spots throughout the house.When guests come we lock them up.

tomahawk6 said:
When guests come we lock them up.

That should deter the buggers from ever coming back...

Colin P said:
With the increase in CCW permits, I would like to see some training, but I know that any such requirements will get perverted into a way to block access, instead of increasing safety. I follow a number of forums and sites on the issue. One of the biggest issues, funny enough is gun handling going to the bathroom in a public place. There is quite the debate on best practices, but it seems most people feel sliding the holstered gun into your pants between your legs is the best and safest place and prevents being forgotten or snatched from under the stall.
That would be a huge concern of mine. Not wild firefight in the streets but people leaving guns by accident and the wrong people getting their hands on it.

It happens, I found a BHP in a holster in a military air terminal washroom stall. Not to mention police officers also have a tendency to lose them as well. For the CCW holder, they should get a package showing all of the resources available to help them to manage the responsibility they just took on.

Back