• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

PROBABLY NOT. PLEASE PRODUCE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THIS STATEMENT
Touched a nerve, did I? I certainly didn’t mean to. I couldn’t find many links, but I have heard much commentary on how elite private schools in the US are running very radical experiments in DEI, the same schools Republican politicians send their kids to while decrying “wokeism” in public schools and universities. But here are a couple links I found on DEI in the National Asociation of Independent Schools.

I can’t see our elite private schools being any different.

Touched a nerve, did I? I certainly didn’t mean to. I couldn’t find many links, but I have heard much commentary on how elite private schools in the US are running very radical experiments in DEI, the same schools Republican politicians send their kids to while decrying “wokeism” in public schools and universities. But here are a couple links I found on DEI in the National Asociation of Independent Schools.

I can’t see our elite private schools being any different.
Perhaps true when talking about the elites however our neighbourhood has several dutch reform and mennonite private schools and they are anything else but schools as described in the articles you posted. That is why I asked for clarification. Most private schools are not elite. They are peopled by kids from ordinary homes whose parents don't like what they see in the public system and scrimp on other things to pay for the private schooling. I can't speak for Lakefield or Upper Canada but I can speak to the quality of education coming out of the schools I mentioned. And no, you didn't strike a nerve as much as wondering what experiences had caused you to think in the way you expressed. Thanks for answering

Perhaps true when talking about the elites however our neighbourhood has several dutch reform and mennonite private schools and they are anything else but schools as described in the articles you posted. That is why I asked for clarification. Most private schools are not elite. They are peopled by kids from ordinary homes whose parents don't like what they see in the public system and scrimp on other things to pay for the private schooling. I can't speak for Lakefield or Upper Canada but I can speak to the quality of education coming out of the schools I mentioned. And no, you didn't strike a nerve as much as wondering what experiences had caused you to think in the way you expressed. Thanks for answering
I suspect the caps lock lead to the impression you were upset.

I have friends who have their kids in private school for the reasons you mentioned. They found the politics in public schools unappealing, so spend a lot of money to put their kids into a school that is marches their world view. They are lucky to be wealthy, many parents don't have the same options.

A group of rabbis and Israeli volunteers are risking life and limb to protect this year’s olive harvest in the West Bank, amid soaring tensions over the war in Gaza.

Rabbis for Human Rights, an organisation set up in 1990 during the first intifada, has been working for decades to build ties with Palestinian communities threatened by violent Israeli settlers.

Complex.

As a result of this meeting Israel will stop it's gaza campaign to rid it of Hamas.

:poop:

Perhaps an arab national force of SA, Qatar and Turkey will send troops into gaza after Israel finishes?

Reactions: ueo
Sounds like they're taking on a series of BGp sized objectives...

2 troops seriously hurt in failed Gaza hostage rescue; Gallant: signs Hamas is breaking​

The IDF said the 7th Armored Brigade has launched an assault to break Hamas’s lines of defense in southern Gaza, striking dozens of anti-tank missile launch sites and observation posts. It said the forces raided a main outpost belonging to Hamas’s Deir al-Balah battalion, capturing weapons and intelligence materials.

Troops of the Givati Infantry Brigade, 55th Reserve Paratroopers Brigade, and Kiryati Reserve Armored Brigade were surrounding Khan Younis and carrying out “targeted raids” against Hamas sites.

Sounds like they're taking on a series of BGp sized objectives...

2 troops seriously hurt in failed Gaza hostage rescue; Gallant: signs Hamas is breaking​

The IDF said the 7th Armored Brigade has launched an assault to break Hamas’s lines of defense in southern Gaza, striking dozens of anti-tank missile launch sites and observation posts. It said the forces raided a main outpost belonging to Hamas’s Deir al-Balah battalion, capturing weapons and intelligence materials.

Troops of the Givati Infantry Brigade, 55th Reserve Paratroopers Brigade, and Kiryati Reserve Armored Brigade were surrounding Khan Younis and carrying out “targeted raids” against Hamas sites.

has there been any attempt to validate the casualty figures given by the Palestinian authority? Our press quotes their figures without any conditional riders attached as are used when quoting Ukrainian claims for example

Reactions: ueo
has there been any attempt to validate the casualty figures given by the Palestinian authority? Our press quotes their figures without any conditional riders attached as are used when quoting Ukrainian claims for example
Seems like anytime there are air strikes Hamas ups the number of dead by 1000. I highly doubt they can verify casualties under all that rubble that quickly. Anything coming from a Hamas-run organization is pure bullshit, yet the UN eats that shit up.

Seems like anytime there are air strikes Hamas ups the number of dead by 1000. I highly doubt they can verify casualties under all that rubble that quickly. Anything coming from a Hamas-run organization is pure bullshit, yet the UN eats that shit up.

30,000 was the rough estimate for the number of Hamas fighters available going in to the engagement. If looking to Ukraine for depletion rates 17,000 dead Hamas is not impossible. Especially with air superiority and technical advantages.

Numbers I’ve heard was about 5000 dead Hamas fighters. Which in the grand scheme is pretty good given the numbers of casualties given overall. Not trying to sound unsympathetic but that ratio if true is actually low given the complex environment.

Numbers I’ve heard was about 5000 dead Hamas fighters. Which in the grand scheme is pretty good given the numbers of casualties given overall. Not trying to sound unsympathetic but that ratio if true is actually low given the complex environment.
wasn't even thinking of Hamas. From my viewpoint there, the more the merrier. The press has the civilian toll all wrapped up in the same package and I tend to doubt the numbers

I have zero sympathy for murderers and rapists. Let them rot in hell. Or burn for eternity,

wasn't even thinking of Hamas. From my viewpoint there, the more the merrier. The press has the civilian toll all wrapped up in the same package and I tend to doubt the numbers
Right. I saw something claiming 15k dead. But that number included 5k dead Hamas fighters, meaning a 1 for every 2 civy. But my info maybe stale dated

Right. I saw something claiming 15k dead. But that number included 5k dead Hamas fighters, meaning a 1 for every 2 civy. But my info maybe stale dated

The number the UN and the Press are leading with is about 17,000 dead but that is from sources often associated with Hamas. So the real number is unknown.

My point was that given an operational force of 30,000 engaged for 8 or 9 weeks now, and based on the type of losses reported out of Ukraine I don't think it is impossible that that number could be predominantly males of war-fighting age. Are there likely to be a significant proportion of civilians in there? Yes. But what is a civilian in that environment and what are the circumstances of their deaths?

The after action investigations on this one are going to be like Yugoslavia and take decades.

Back