• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HAPC based on Leopard Chassis

I recall watching videos of Syrian ARV crews braving bullets zipping around them as they struggled to hook up a damaged vehicle, that takes a lot of guts, knowing you be doing it again and again.

Couldn't find them tonite, but this one from 10:25 captures the risks

Last edited:
Whoa whoa whoa!! Sssshhhhh....

We don’t use that language here. See that Apache over there? We call it an “Armed Recce Helicopter 😉 Anything else and all the woke folks start to sweat.

The CAF is called upon locally enough, and does defend the North American continent daily with an armed presence, support to other government agencies, etc.

Even the US doesn’t call it a War Department, and they are always at war with someone

In keeping with the spirit of the times perhaps we could split the Department of National Defence into a shield of actual National Defence and a sword of Strategic Response - something to be drawn only when provoked (we would never be nasty enough to drop the gloves first) and to be re-sheathed at the first opportunity. :)

In keeping with the spirit of the times perhaps we could split the Department of National Defence into a shield of actual National Defence and a sword of Strategic Response - something to be drawn only when provoked (we would never be nasty enough to drop the gloves first) and to be re-sheathed at the first opportunity. :)
Yes, let's add more bureaucracy.

What do you mean, the people at NDHQ are doing SUCH important work such as planning the next Maple Resolve! How could we possibly not LOVE bureaucracy? Who else could plan company level exercises in a parking lot? Think about how much combat capability they add to our forces, definitely worth increasing the bureaucracy.

What do you mean, the people at NDHQ are doing SUCH important work such as planning the next Maple Resolve! How could we possibly not LOVE bureaucracy? Who else could plan company level exercises in a parking lot? Think about how much combat capability they add to our forces, definitely worth increasing the bureaucracy.
Your understanding and contempt for NDHQ is remarkable for a 16 year old.

The only country - to my knowledge anyway - that has an HAPC capability as part of its common vehicle load out is Israel, and I imagine their geography is the only thing that allows for it.

Even the US hasn’t gone down that road (although they may somewhat with their Future Combat Vehicle family).

For most countries, it just isn’t practical

The reason that the Merkava and the Namur are so heavily armoured is not necessarily because of the enemy threat.

It's a political reality in Israel. If the ruling government is seen to cause too many casualties, especially within the ranks of the teenaged conscripts that make up alot of the Infantry, it will be kicked out prettty quick.

Perhaps he is closer to an event horizon, causing our time to speed up in relation to him?
Then I would welcome "event horizons" always and whenever they occur, because they would be good things, ITO understanding what we did and did not, properly do. I will not suffer any modern "Joan of Arcs."

Then I would welcome "event horizons" always and whenever they occur, because they would be good things, ITO understanding what we did and did not, properly do. I will not suffer any modern "Joan of Arcs."
I feel like that post would make more sense if I was a little high 🤤

Your understanding and contempt for NDHQ is remarkable for a 16 year old.
One only needs to look at what the CAF chose to divest during times of financial struggles to understand. Reading about getting rid of air defence but keeping bands, increasing the levels of administrative staff but not replacing 30 year old helicopters, and of course FJAG's book.

One only needs to look at what the CAF chose to divest during times of financial struggles to understand. Reading about getting rid of air defence but keeping bands, increasing the levels of administrative staff but not replacing 30 year old helicopters, and of course FJAG's book.
Concur. We need to set you up to be a witness/proponent at the next meeting of the Standing Committee on National Defence , PM me your details and I will forward it and make it happen. An involved citizenry is key.

Give er, since that is allowed now. Or more so if you understood history :p
It wasn’t the lack of history understanding, or was the zig-zag my brain did when I read through it 😅😉

(I tried weed a few times in my younger years and it definitely wasn’t my thing. I’d just end up starring at a wall for WAYYY too long, then going to bed listening to weird space music. Not my jam)

You realize Maple Resolve is planned in Wainwright by CMTC HQ, right? I know you are going for caustic sarcasm as opposed to constructive criticism, but it still might help your argument to at least start from a premise of fact.

You realize Maple Resolve is planned in Wainwright by CMTC HQ, right? I know you are going for caustic sarcasm as opposed to constructive criticism, but it still might help your argument to at least start from a premise of fact.
Honestly I have no idea what CMTC HQ is, or who plans Maple Resolve. I'm a civilian, no military experience. It was meant as sarcasm, sorry if it wasn't clear.

Back