• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Headdress and Patches

DannyBoy

Inactive
Reaction score
I heard this on my BIQ course and i was sure it was a rumor but then i heard it again so i wanted some clarification. I heard that the CF was going to put into circulation those army baseball hats (like the American wear), and secondly that they were going to start with unit specific patches, or trade patches on the combats. Any one no anything about this?

Who told you this? It sounds like nonsense. One of the basic principles of our CADPAT system is that we don't stick badges and devices on it.

Cheers.

DannyBoy said:
I heard this on my BIQ course and i was sure it was a rumor but then i heard it again so i wanted some clarification. I heard that the CF was going to put into circulation those army baseball hats (like the American wear), and secondly that they were going to start with unit specific patches, or trade patches on the combats. Any one no anything about this?

Told to you by the same guys that said the GG wouldn't let you wear your forage caps?
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/33479.90.html

And both PBI and myself are only asking you "Who told you this?" The exact same question you should be asking everyone that passes one of these "rumours" to you.

pbi yes,Yours more in a mocking manner and only because i expressed my opinion on a different topic which you didn't share the same opinion, and for clarification it was not told to me by the guys at CG

I see Wheeler's is offering "patrol hats" (baseball style caps styled on the US BDU caps) in CADPAT.  That doesn't mean they are being issued; Wheeler's also sells shirts and pants in CADPAT that dont' conform to our issue uniforms.

The CADPAT field hat is the standard issue and does lots of things the baseball cap doesn't - sun protection for the neck, a wide brim to keep rain off your neck etc.

Hey don't be so touchy there DannyBoy. You've got like 7 or 8 posts here, and everything you've posted has been rumour or innuendo. It's takes triple the work of fact to establish. I'm just trying to drill it down to it's lowest common denominator. This is why we so dislike rumour. I was only asking who told you and if it was the same guys. It would start to establish a pattern, you see. BTW, you still haven't said who told you. Just who it wasn't.

For future reference, if I ever have to get around to mocking you, it will be more than painfully obvious.

Michael Dorosh said:
I see Wheeler's is offering "patrol hats" (baseball style caps styled on the US BDU caps) in CADPAT.   That doesn't mean they are being issued;

And this is one possible scenario. Perhaps someone was wearing one of these and an acquaintance of your saw it. Maybe then he drew the conclusion it was issued. By extention maybe he was the one that said we will be getting them issued. This is where you could have said " Who told you that?" and ended the whole affair right there.

When I read this I thought "Hey, Beckett was right!".. but then I realized the person posting it was the person that told me.

I have seen those hats being sold by wheelers. I have seen people with them but it was not that i had drawn my own conclusions and thought they were being issued i had actually hear some of the guys on my BIQ talking about it. Already i can see this escalating that i started this rumor. Judging by what I've read about my post, they are not going into circulation. That was all i had wanted to know, Thank You

Good Day gents just to let you all know I did a little research today concerning unit badges for the cadpat and inquired about the ball caps.

As for the wearing unit badges on the boony caps like that in the past it is not going to happen dress reg's forbid placing, sewing, gluing etc... anything onto cad pat. As for ball caps being issued still waiting on an answer.

Back