• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hey - We are hearing that Canada is/are DESTROYING over 67,000 FNC1 and FNC2s

Well, the 8Ls I own aren't!

One of my 8Ls was the first rifle my son ever fired.

He was ten.

;D

Tom

Mine's in nice shape, too.  Good on you for getting the youngster interested in a fine rifle. 

My bad - plus I was corrected on my teriminology  ;D

Those who have them probably know anyhow....not so much of a secret....anyone who carried one in CF service probably knew how anyhow.

NS

Didn't the Navy carry modified C-1s?
Or were they C-2's with different forestock?

Ben

The RCN retained the original selective fire option in the design and adopted the FN C1A1D.

Boarding parties, and all that.

Tom

Did they ever have BFA's for the FN?  I assume they did.

Why not keep some for En force purposes.  I was on an en force weekend and some guys had FN's.  This was for a DP2 Armd Recce course.  The purpose of the FN's was to encourage the candidates to look for more than 2 guys smokin and jokin in a Milcot.

It sure would be a shame to destroy all those rifles.

J. Gayson said:

BFA's for the FN...Yes.

And it is a shame.

;D
J. Gayson said:

Why not keep some for En force purposes.  I was on an en force weekend and some guys had FN's.  This was for a DP2 Armd Recce course.  The purpose of the FN's was to encourage the candidates to look for more than 2 guys smokin and jokin in a Milcot.

As Old Ranger said, yes...but many of the BFA's stayed on like crap and would actually launch like an RPG if they weren't held on with those metal screw-type hose clamps.

Still remember my first one, 7L1776.... ;D

Cheers,
Duey

8L1204. Beautiful weapon, fairly accurate and tough as nails. Definitely going to be missed!

Duey said:
;D
As Old Ranger said, yes...but many of the BFA's stayed on like crap and would actually launch like an RPG if they weren't held on with those metal screw-type hose clamps.

Ah..the days..

We had to use wire binding for some of them.

How far does a BFA travel, shooting from a moving vehicle, into the field of dandelions?

That's right guys teach the youg uns all the illegal tricks with the old FN. Next you'll be telling them about the matchstick trick. ;D

Old Ranger said:
I thought the FN was SUPPOSED to fire on auto. . .   >:D

Only on ambushes and other fighting patrols 8)

Not that I ever DID that :-[

Not sure if we have some special pull but we have 30 FNs on the way, 20 for Enemy force w/ full EIS and 10 for display and mounting.

It will be a better life than the smelter for them.

In battle school I had the joy of lugging around the C2 which was so old every time you went to fire it on auto the breach block and carrier flew over my shoulder. It was allot easier to shout "bang, bang , bang". In the Bn I had an C1 which I bartered for the skills of a  old time British weapons tech to look over. Breaking dinner plates at eight hundred with open sights nine out of ten times. Fought tooth and nail to keep it, they kept trying to give me a SMG. On a couple of excursion with the other branch of service in Victoria they used seamen with C1's as shark patrol when in the warm climates.

Back