• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

High Ranking Police Folk Allegedly Behaving Badly

Way more effective warning.
The X2 does that as well.

However they don’t always work on drugged up suspects. I got bit by a PCP whacked individual, who despite being tased repeatedly wouldn’t let go of my fingers, including contact discharges. Eventually two other officers had to break his teeth and pry open his jaw with a batton to get my hand out.
*it was my right hand and I couldn’t get to my pistol, knife, or backup gun, at the time I was expecting to lose some fingers as he had bit down to the bone in a few spots.

Two lessons learned:
1) Don’t try to ground fight whacked out druggies when handcuffing controls fail.
2) Those Hatch spectra/Kevlar lined search gloves sounded a lot better after that…

However they don’t always work on drugged up suspects. I got bit by a PCP whacked individual, who despite being tased repeatedly wouldn’t let go of my fingers, including contact discharges. Eventually two other officers had to break his teeth and pry open his jaw with a batton to get my hand out.
*it was my right hand and I couldn’t get to my pistol, knife, or backup gun, at the time I was expecting to lose some fingers as he had bit down to the bone in a few spots.

Two lessons learned:
1) Don’t try to ground fight whacked out druggies when handcuffing controls fail.
2) Those Hatch spectra/Kevlar lined search gloves sounded a lot better after that…
Yeah, Taser works really well for its intended purpose- get a good probe spread, with neuromuscular incapacitation of any muscle groups caught between the probes. But it’s of limited effect on muscle groups not within the probes- like a jaw or fingers. Ideally your taser is to drop them stiff as a board before there’s physical contact.

Close in without a foot of probe spread and all you’re getting is pain compliance.

/instructor hat off

Yeah, Taser works really well for its intended purpose- get a good probe spread, with neuromuscular incapacitation of any muscle groups caught between the probes. But it’s of limited effect on muscle groups not within the probes- like a jaw or fingers. Ideally your taser is to drop them stiff as a board before there’s physical contact.

Close in without a foot of probe spread and all you’re getting is pain compliance.

/instructor hat off
Unfortunately this guy felt no pain, and no compliance.
He was in the hospital for quite sometime later. Multiple broken bones and his jaw wired together. I suspect when the drugs wore off he wasn’t feeling very spry.
It was a 4:1 and I was a little overconfident that he was being compliant, but he went bat shit crazy as soon as the first cuff went on.

TBH I’m not sure that even at distance he’d have noticed getting tased. His blood work was off the charts.

Two lessons learned:

I'm a big Plastic Bullet fan...

... they've made such a big 'impression', on many of my former 'clients', that they even have their own song! ;)

Unfortunately this guy felt no pain, and no compliance.
He was in the hospital for quite sometime later. Multiple broken bones and his jaw wired together. I suspect when the drugs wore off he wasn’t feeling very spry.
It was a 4:1 and I was a little overconfident that he was being compliant, but he went bat shit crazy as soon as the first cuff went on.

TBH I’m not sure that even at distance he’d have noticed getting tased. His blood work was off the charts.
Tasers with proper probe spread and circuit completion don’t work based on it you notice them or not… Not with NMI, anyway. The current passes through musculature and is calibrated by the device to disrupt and lock it up. Drugs generally don’t impact that. Someone physiologically capable of muscle control would be regardless of drugs or not.

What drugs DO inhibit is compliance from pain or fear. So I totally buy what you’re saying about your experience.

I’ve seen two guys in training ‘fight through’ the taser. Not me, I drop like jellyfish, but like anything I don’t see them as a guarantee.
Well except the car, I’m pretty sure no one is getting back up if I bang them with the bumper at a decent clip. I find it upsetting no one thinks the car should be in a force continuum model ;)

I’ve seen two guys in training ‘fight through’ the taser. Not me, I drop like jellyfish, but like anything I don’t see them as a guarantee.
I'll take a TASER hit over OC or tear gas any day. TASER only sucks for a few seconds, but OC and tear gas stick around for the afterparty. And I'm pretty immune to tear gas. OC messes me right up, but not everyone is me. Even so, some folks still think OC is "kungfu-in-a-can".

I'll take a TASER hit over OC or tear gas any day. TASER only sucks for a few seconds, but OC and tear gas stick around for the afterparty. And I'm pretty immune to tear gas. OC messes me right up, but not everyone is me. Even so, some folks still think OC is "kungfu-in-a-can".
100% this. Taser sucks, but briefly.

OC messes me right up, but not everyone is me. Even so, some folks still think OC is "kungfu-in-a-can".
OC really does mess most people up to varying degrees, I will take the gas hut hit every time over OC.

As painful as being a Leafs fan?

toronto maple leafs nhl fans GIF by NHL

Back