• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HMCS Summerside back from OP CARIBBE

jollyjacktar said:
Cuz they probably look more attractive than some poor ******* in a flight suit.

I don't know about that.  ETIS can turn some heads.

I must admit, I am the poster boy for RCAF flying trades...I don't like to brag, but this is a recent picture of me on deployment.  Eat your hearts out.  I am sportin' my 'callsign' nametag on my chest rig...

9eabcc8e845d6916822f05c6f0220f59.jpg

Dolphin_Hunter said:
This would imply that we have been getting raises.

What!  You mean we haven't since 2013?  Man...

Eye In The Sky said:
I must admit, I am the poster boy for RCAF flying trades...I don't like to brag, but this is a recent picture of me on deployment.  Eat your hearts out.  I am sportin' my 'callsign' nametag on my chest rig...

9eabcc8e845d6916822f05c6f0220f59.jpg
I know rigger belts have a whole lot of tensile strength, but that dude is endanger of creating a muffin top claymore. Probably explode sending skittles everywhere.

Dolphin_Hunter said:
This would imply that we have been getting raises.

Treasury Board likes to handle everything at once, so until the Public Service unions reach an agreement, I don't expect to see anything for the military.  But once that does happen, I'm pretty sure that the folks in Compensation and Benefits will burn midnight oil to get the increase approved.

Indeed, I would not be surprised if they've already done most of the work, and are only waiting to plug numbers into formulas to finish off the documentation needed to get the approvals for an increase.

But that's neither here nor there.  BZ to the crew of HMCS Summerside.

The Pay folks are already busy trying to track down the SDA during refit issues....I've heard good things about people getting some $$ with this past month's pay, so there ARE files being processed. 

My understanding is that the sailors on the ships NOW were getting done first then the team was going to move on to the folks who were no longer on the ships, and perhaps there was going to be a 'fix the easy ones first' attitude taken (rumor only) and deal with the 'short time' folks first before getting to us grumpy old guys.  I'm fine with that.  Get the sailors in the fleet cared for first.

As for pay-raises, well, honestly, every time they've done one, the money has arrived in my pay quickly enough.  I'm not too worried about it. 

Pay freezes?  Rumors....wouldn't surprise me, but at this point just rumors.

Ships going on Operations and nailing druggies for HUNDREDS OF KILOS OF DRUGS? 

H$!! YEAH!!!!  Well done boys!  Welcome home, enjoy the break and glad to see that their hard training paid off last year to get 'em deployed on OPS.

NS

Eye In The Sky said:
Yup, the same goes for the RCAF for the most part.  SAR and CF-18 demo and the like make it into the news, FB and all that jazz.  The other stuff...not so much.  There are 3rd tour types coming out of OP IMPACT already and none of that makes the news.  What some celebrity bimbo or mimbo was wearing at some stupid event certainly is "newsworthy" though.

EITS you know society has been dumbed down. That's why Beyoncé et al are better known than our PM is, despite his selfie fetish.

Back