• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How do I go about requesting a OT

ottawaguy25

Inactive
Reaction score
I am getting close to the end of my first contract and I would like to change trades.  Now the big question is where do I start?

ottawaguy25 said:
I am getting close to the end of my first contract and I would like to change trades.  Now the big question is where do I start?

Firstly in order to do an Occupational Transfer you need a valid TOS. Did you have you been offered your CE? Because that would be the first step.

After which then you would start by submitting a memo through your CoC and completing the OT application. Since your a combat trade your only eligible to apply under the LOTP or COTP at the current time since you have less then 4 years (unless you apply for a red trade and have a waiver granted)

Its your contract. You need to sign a new Terms of Service and your next contract is either an Indefinite Engagement 25 years or a Continuing Engagement 4 years. You should have been offered it already by your Tp Leader if your current contract is expiring

ottawaguy25 said:
honestly what is a TOS and a CE?

Terms of Service
Continuing Engagement

Have you been offered further service?

Not yet but thats because I just got off decompression leave.  I sure it's finding it's way down.  So I have to sign a new contract before OTing?

Yeah a valid TOS is required before a OT will be considered (You need a contract that will get you through the trades trg and enough time for the military to get some sort of return on the OT). I'm sure if your clerk is on the ball, your TOS offer is already with the leadership ready to be offered.

Back