• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How is your day going?

Cloud Cover

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Reaction score
Just thought I'd ask people how their day is going? Today is the 21st day of 21st year of the 21st century. We've made it so far!

Good, I am excited, thanks for asking. My military career finally begins and I will have my first training class for NAVRES this evening, although it will be on Microsoft Teams. I am still excited though as I have been counting down the days for some time now.

Good, I am excited, thanks for asking. My military career finally begins and I will have my first training class for NAVRES this evening, although it will be on Microsoft Teams. I am still excited though as I have been counting down the days for some time now.
Congratulations! An exciting career awaits you!

Working from home. Still. Thankful I still have work. My excitement for today was going to the mailbox. First world problems so doing good all in all.
Spouse, I, and all four kids are healthy. We both have good jobs and a steady paycheque. Kids are bitching, so that means they are OK. I can't (really) complain. It's all good.

Spouse, I, and all four kids are healthy. We both have good jobs and a steady paycheque. Kids are bitching, so that means they are OK. I can't (really) complain. It's all good.
Kids bitching is a normal state of affairs lol.

FM07,

Welcome to the CAF team. I have been doing this for 38+ years and although there have been some shyte days, I would not trade my past experience for any other line of work.

Some advice: Be open, be curious, be attentive. Be loyal, ethical, and respectful. Challenge, where merited, follow, when directed. Learn from peers and superiors, mentor subordinates. Embrace your comrades-you will never have better friends.

Cherish your family, they will experience first hand your career and challenges. Enable them so that they can enable you.

And have a really phucking great career. :salute:

FM07,

Welcome to the CAF team. I have been doing this for 38+ years and although there have been some shyte days, I would not trade my past experience for any other line of work.

Some advice: Be open, be curious, be attentive. Be loyal, ethical, and respectful. Challenge, where merited, follow, when directed. Learn from peers and superiors, mentor subordinates. Embrace your comrades-you will never have better friends.

Cherish your family, they will experience first hand your career and challenges. Enable them so that they can enable you.

Thank you very much for this great advice. I am thrilled and I will certainly take this to heart. Means alot.

And tonight in your respective time zones at 2121 the numerology will be complete! Life is good for an old fart. All reasonably healthy; kid and spouse are gainfully employed from home. Puttering on a woodworking project at a leisurely pace to make it last the winter (masking for my caution 'cause I'm really not that good). Tomorrow is pension payday and there's actually money left in the bank from the last one.

FM07,

Thank you very much for this great advice. I am thrilled and I will certainly take this to heart. Means alot.

Only thing I'll add? Take care of your health, get CF98's, claim everything on Veteran's Affairs bill. I'm 28 years old and have permanent tinnitus in both ears from a decade in the Army Reserve, and I wouldn't wish this on anybody. Wear ear plugs.

Otherwise, it'll be the best job you ever had.

Quick edit:

First day of a block off. Nobody died in my last four days of work, the weather is nice and I've got four days off to go and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Only thing I'll add? Take care of your health, get CF98's, claim everything on Veteran's Affairs bill. I'm 28 years old and have permanent tinnitus in both ears from a decade in the Army Reserve, and I wouldn't wish this on anybody. Wear ear plugs.

Otherwise, it'll be the best job you ever had.

Quick edit:

First day of a block off. Nobody died in my last four days of work, the weather is nice and I've got four days off to go and enjoy it.

Dude... now there's something I haven't had to worry about for many years. Thank Gawd.

My day just got a little brighter, thanks!

We Should Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Back