• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How many waiting for AEC?

Lucky folks! I'm going to go on a purple trade course (Once I get through BMOQ anyways), which means I don't get any chocolates left on my pillow each morning. What a shame.  ::)

The low number of people waiting on AEC doesn't surprise me too much.  The CFAT score to get into the trade is brutal; highest CFAT requirement in the Forces.

Stirling Dyer said:
The low number of people waiting on AEC doesn't surprise me too much.  The CFAT score to get into the trade is brutal; highest CFAT requirement in the Forces.

Yeah i'm sure thats it  ::)

CDN Aviator said:
Yeah i'm sure thats it  ::)

Maybe because people with the sort of scores required for AEC also have the sort of scores for Pilot.  Everyone wants to be you CDN Aviator ;)

Stirling Dyer said:
Maybe because people with the sort of scores required for AEC also have the sort of scores for Pilot.  Everyone wants to be you CDN Aviator ;)

I'm not a pilot but yes, everyone does want to be me.

As far as talking up the CFAT scores required.......please. Find another yardstick to make yourself feel better.

CDN Aviator said:

As far as talking up the CFAT scores required.......please. Find another yardstick to make yourself feel better.
Well.......Not all, but we'll hang with you if you want company.    ;D

CDN Aviator said:

Ahh, I thought you were a pilot.  Sorry, my mistake.

I'm not trying to use it as a yardstick for ego.  Just something I was told at the recruiting center, that it was a very hard trade to qualify for and not many people make that qualification.  It would explain why there isn't a lot of people waiting on the MOC.

Stirling Dyer said:
Ahh, I thought you were a helicopter pilot.  Sorry, my mistake.

Helos ? Adding insult to injury i see....... ;D

I'm not trying to use it as a yardstick for ego. 

Sorry if i missinterpreted your comment. I have just heard that song and dance too many times. "look at me i'm special its the highest CFAT score required". Its the CFAT. I've done it 3 times and everything was open to me.......and i'm the dumbest, most simple-minded guy you will ever meet. (dont be too kwick to agree George)

Stirling Dyer said:
Ahh, I thought you were a pilot.  Sorry, my mistake.

I'm not trying to use it as a yardstick for ego.  Just something I was told at the recruiting center, that it was a very hard trade to qualify for and not many people make that qualification.  It would explain why there isn't a lot of people waiting on the MOC.

There are many Trades in the CF that have small "intakes", running small Crses infrequently, or as needed.  This may be more of the case here.  Just a there probably is not that large a selection for.........say............Chaplan.

CDN Aviator said:
.......and i'm the dumbest, most simple-minded guy you will ever meet. (dont be too kwick to agree George)

It's okay George, I'll agree for you!!  hehe  But I'll hang with you anyway CDN A.  ;D

Stirling Dyer, just a suggestion for you: observation is a good trait, especially considering that you say you are trying for that high CFAT score.  Checking out people's profiles helps you before you might put a foot in your mouth.  :)

The flying hours in his profile had me thinking Pilot.  *shrugs*  Learn something new everyday.  What MOC are you CDN Aviator?

Stirling Dyer said:
The flying hours in his profile had me thinking Pilot.  *shrugs*  Learn something new everyday. 

The "SGT" rank should have eliminated that

What MOC are you CDN Aviator?

Airborne Electronic Sensor Operator

Now, back to AEC and waiting.

CDN Aviator said:

Ahahaha! I go out for an evening and I miss all the fun!  ;D  It's okay, CA...stand in front of the mirror and repeat after me:"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darnit, people like me!"  8)

(ooh, I'm gonna pay for that one...  >:D)

Celticgirl said:
It's okay, CA...stand in front of the mirror and repeat after me:"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darnit, people like me!"   8)

No thanks. Bruce Willis did such a good job with his "I am the man" motivational speech in from of the mirror that i wouldnt want to attempt to recreate it. My problem is that i just couldnt make AEC sound interesting.

(ooh, I'm gonna pay for that one...  >:D)

Meh........

Celticgirl said:
*Snort*  ;D

What can i say. I like to be the one going on the trips, chassing the targets, dropping the weapons, being bounced around in turbulence surrounded by the smells of mashed potatos & gravy , puke and cordite......

AWACS postings asside, i just didnt want to be the one watching from the tower  ( or the IFRCC or even worse, north bay) as people went to work.

CDN Aviator said:
What can i say. I like to be the one going on the trips, chassing the targets, dropping the weapons, being bounced around in turbulence surrounded by the smells of mashed potatos & gravy , puke and cordite......

AWACS postings asside, i just didnt want to be the one watching from the tower  ( or the IFRCC or even worse, north bay) as people went to work.

To each his own, my dear. I went on some spinny carnival ride with my daughter a couple of weeks ago, and lost my breakfast immediately afterwards. The tower sounds good to me!

Back