• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Human Resource Admin Clerk (HRA Clk)

kratz

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
With the split of RMS Clk back to HRA Clk and Fin Clk, there will be transition time between the formats.

I’m old school, as an ex-841. As posted on this site, the new split has different duties than when I was a Fin Clk.

During the lead – up to October 2016, there will be a need for a  HRA Clk thread for clerks to ask questions.

The last I heard regarding the split back to Admin and Finance was that they were still planning on letting people know next month whether or not mbr's received their choice of HRA or FSA. 

Anyone have anything else?

stellarpanther said:
The last I heard regarding the split back to Admin and Finance was that they were still planning on letting people know next month whether or not mbr's received their choice of HRA or FSA

Anyone have anything else?

Fin Clerk (2016)
http://army.ca/forums/threads/123045.0

CountDC said:
Anyone hear an update on when members will be notified of their trade placement?

Lumber said:
All of my members have already been told.

CountDC said:
Looks like I am slated to be a Financial Services Administrator.

Human Resource Admin Clerk (HRA Clk)
http://army.ca/forums/threads/123044.0

So, my interview is coming up in just over a week and I have applied for HRA. It is split off from RMS clerk, the other half being FINA.  My issue is, there is no description on each part of the split. The forces.ca site is still advertising/describing RMS clerk.
I do know that HRA includes payroll and can be posted anywhere, while FINA is the accounting portion, claims etc. and has a more limited posting area. If anyone can give me some more details, I would be very grateful.

basic description:

Human Resources Administrator – The HRA job is an entry level job performed at the Private/Corporal rank. The job is performed in an orderly room or office environment, and on deployment, in support of the Sea, Land and Air elements. The primary responsibilities are to provide human resource services to military members and provide information on benefits, entitlements and allowances. Main task activities include: maintain a member’s personnel record; maintain pay records; and process documentation.

Financial Services Administrator – The FSA is an entry level job performed at the Private/Corporal rank. The job is performed in a comptroller setting, or office environment, and on deployment, in support of the Sea, Land and Air elements. The primary responsibility is to provide financial management services. Main task activities include: monitor expenditures; generate financial reports; pay invoices; process claims; and maintain the receiver general deposit facility.

There are specialties at the Pte/Cpl level and as you advance in rank but this is your start point.

and yes I find it annoying with how much notice we had for this the recruiting site has not been updated.  They could at least use the above which was published over a year ago.

I know of a Sgt in Esquimalt who did.  She was Admin...then RMS...now HRA.

Just in case you didn't see it elsewhere, I'm in! Heading to BMQ course July 24 as HRA-Navy.  Thank you everyone for your helpful information.

It is my understanding that the HRA  occupation training in Borden has been extended from 3 months to 5 months. I also have been told that the next training course is October 3rd. My BMQ graduation date is two weeks or so after that. The next course is apparently not till January. My question is, is there a possibility of Navy environmental training between BMQ and the course in January, or is  PAT or OJE  the only options?

Yuck - 5 months on course.  Hopefully they at least actually take enough time to really teach pay.

environmental used to be members slated for posting to ships so if that is still the case can't see it happening.

deskjockey43 said:
It is my understanding that the HRA  occupation training in Borden has been extended from 3 months to 5 months. I also have been told that the next training course is October 3rd. My BMQ graduation date is two weeks or so after that. The next course is apparently not till January. My question is, is there a possibility of Navy environmental training between BMQ and the course in January, or is  PAT or OJE  the only options?

CountDC said:
Yuck - 5 months on course.  Hopefully they at least actually take enough time to really teach pay.

environmental used to be members slated for posting to ships so if that is still the case can't see it happening.

Yea, just because you're navy doesn't meant you'll actually get posted to a ship, so they likely won't bother giving you environmental trg until that time.

If I don't get posted to a ship, will I be doing a land based environmental course? There is more than bmq and occupational training to do before fully trained, yes? So, if not posted to a ship, what other training does a Navy person get before being posted?

deskjockey43 said:
If I don't get posted to a ship, will I be doing a land based environmental course? There is more than bmq and occupational training to do before fully trained, yes? So, if not posted to a ship, what other training does a Navy person get before being posted?

Nope.  If not posted to a ship then BMQ and Occupational training is it.  You are now qualified and can go to work.  You can request small courses such a Deployed Ops and do online courses such as Expenditure management, Contracting Direct with Trade, Green Procurement, NPP/NPF to name a few.

Well then, thank you CountDC. I don't know whether to hope I get posted to a ship or not then. A ship would be fantastic on the one hand, but, on the other hand, Toronto is a possibility. I should just stop getting ahead of myself and just get through basic first.

HRA RQ Pte is 75 calendar days.

HRA RQ PTE E ALHZ 121097 75 20/6 0002E 06/Apr/17 16/Aug/17
HRA RQ PTE F ALHZ 121097 75 20/6 0003F 19/Sep/17 09/Feb/18
HRA RQ PTE E ALHZ 121097 75 20/6 0004E 03/Oct/17 23/Feb/18        
HRA RQ PTE E ALHZ 121097 75 20/6 0005E 22/Jan/18 31/May/18
HRA RQ PTE E ALHZ 121097 75 20/6 0006E 05/Feb/18 14/Jun/18 

Note that E is English, F is French.  All course are proposed so may be cancelled for various  reasons except the first one which is currently running.

Does anyone have any info on what they will be doing with small units that require both a Fin and HR component but only have 1 clerk in the unit? 

Unfortunately there are units that are saying too bad and that the clerk will still need to do both roles which I think is ridiculous.  In my opinion a lot of people outside the old RMS trade, don't realize that most clerks were not taught a lot of finance and that the QL3 and QL5 focused on mostly HR duties hence the reason why mbr's who chose FSA will need to get delta training but HRA's will not be taking additional courses.

Does anyone know if anything is being done about that issue?

other than it's in the works?  PRes ECs were submitted for the trades, no idea what they consist of though.

If the small units remain with only one clerk will find they have an HRA with no training in finance (not really much different than the RMS Clks trained since they threw us all together).  This is where the chain of commands will have to come together on the finance aspect.  Headquarters can generate budget reports to provide the unit.  Centralized claim sections can be established.  Really I don't see a need for an FSA at a small unit and the last intent I saw was that units wouldn't have them.  Considering their main duties at that level would be claims it seems to be a wasted position.  Trying to recall the old standard when we had to manually complete the claims - it was up to 100 claims in a month (I was doing 150 at that time).  So unless your small unit is doing an enormous amount of TD that clerk is wasting.

Does anyone know when the next HRA selection dates are?

Back