• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Humour: Name for a new Canadian Tank IF we got one

If Canada were to purchase a variant of the Leopard 2, what should it be called?

• Total voters
beach_bum said:
I think it should be called Mr. Snufalupagus.  Only one person will ever see it and no one else will believe it exists.   ;D

ya got my vote!  :rofl:

George Wallace said:
Nope.  They were the four Leopards with the Driver Cabs that were in D&M Sqn.

Oh god, now I know what you are talking about.  I haven't seen them in Gtown for a long time...not that I am there very often anymore though..but I DO remember them.

With the orange safety light spinning...the big "hey get out of the way" beacon  :rofl:

tlg said:
If we're going to have a name like STEVE why not something like FRED or BOB?

You can't call it BOB.  Ask any single woman and she will tell you that BOB stands for Battery Operated Boyfried.  Try explaining that to the missus when you come home at night.  (Sorry honey I couldn't take your call today but I was busy with BOB all day!).

Geez Louise,  guys.

tlg said:
Apparently Fred has already been taken by some fat, lazy naval thing (I didn't start it Fred; don't hate the messenger ;) ). It could also be mistaken for a BIG FRED battlefield radar.

As for BOB....well, we just couldn't afford the batteries for a BOB that big. >:D (if you have to ask, stick to the Cadets' section)

Edit: damn, SamIAm beat me to it. Well damn and spam, SamIAm  ;)

SamIAm said:
You can't call it BOB.  Ask any single woman and she will tell you that BOB stands for Battery Operated Boyfried.  Try explaining that to the missus when you come home at night.  (Sorry honey I couldn't take your call today but I was busy with BOB all day!).

Geez Louise,  guys.

:rofl: I thought it, but didn't have the guts to say it. Thanks! Can always count on you or Journeyman!  ;D

okay...okay... how bout something sexy...like...oh...I dont know... ELGA (Eva Longorea's Greatest Admireror) hehehehehe I'm sorry I just had to throw something silly like that in there :D...

but...S.T.E.V.E now...THAT...THAT IS NEAT...

- Static Tank, Endangered, Veriable Ensemble

rmacqueen said:
I had forgotten all about those.  Have no idea where they went, maybe converted to RV's.

They aren't in gagnam anymore? How do they teach leo dvr trg? That was probably the 2nd most fun of phase training - driving one of those. The most fun of course firing one...  :D

tlg said:

Because BOB is already reserved as the name for the new Territorial Defence Bns... since TDBG doesn't roll off the tongue very well, someone tongue-in-cheek suggested we call them "Bob" instead... and the name has stuck.

I look forward to the Minister announcing Bob in the future...

I like the idea of sticking to the animals. Although I really like Steve, my vote will be for the.... Wait for it

Unicorn.  We all know they exsist, odds are very slim that we will find one, and they are the the elusive animal for all to quest after.

"Steve" is an inside joke, but it certainly wasn't for Steve Staples

......so is Bob.......Remember all those "Bob's your Uncle!" that were heard in Gunnery Sqn?

Hi

OK. So according to the thread title, we're getting ONE tank, and it might, just might, be named Bob.  :D

If we get another one, will it be named Carol, and then Ted, and finally Alice?  ;D

All the best  Drummy

The Army could always call it the negotiator in honor of  Taliban Jack  ;D

karl28 said:
The Army could always call it the negotiator in honor of  Taliban Jack  ;D

Nope!  Just won't do at all.  Crewmen would not feel comfortable having to Mount or Dismount off a tank by that name.  And if there were ever the possibility of a premature 'loud lase', they would never hear the end to the ribbing.  Although I am sure it would provide some self gratification for Jack, it would not be 'good' for the Troops.  Nope, take Jack off the list.

Back