• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I don't care what your beliefs are...

George Wallace said:
A crime has been committed with the delivery of these messages, and confirmed by reporting in the Press.  In today's world it is very difficult to remain anonymous, so although it may take a while, I am sure the Police will eventually catch the culprits.

I hate to be that guy, but I've seen too many attention seekers pulling stuff like this. TBH, we have no proof that this was delivered and not just printed off by those who said it was delivered to them. It wouldn't be the first time (remember that woman who carved homophobic slurs into her own skin trying to get attention?). I am not gonna say 100% hoax, but there have been too many similar instances for me to make a judgement until the investigation is done.

I have no doubt they will be found. I say organize a pride parade within the city limits.

These types of people are what make the cause so much greater. The reality is , you're always going to have bigots. Those  who would justify their threats and illegal actions need to be put down, and named. 

Speaking of names, for such a tough group "representing", they sure weren't interested in leaving a location where we could find them to inquire further! 

Sythen said:
I hate to be that guy, but I've seen too many attention seekers pulling stuff like this. TBH, we have no proof that this was delivered and not just printed off by those who said it was delivered to them. It wouldn't be the first time (remember that woman who carved homophobic slurs into her own skin trying to get attention?). I am not gonna say 100% hoax, but there have been too many similar instances for me to make a judgement until the investigation is done.

The bold part is why people are on NLockhart, he has already made a decision before a proper investigation has been done. Even if it turns out to be a hoax the proper thing was done, it was investigated and no harm came to anyone. (Except for the prosecution of the hoaxer).

skyhigh10 said:
I have no doubt they will be found. I say organize a pride parade within the city limits.

These types of people are what make the cause so much greater. The reality is , you're always going to have bigots. Those  who would justify their threats and illegal actions need to be put down, and named. 

Speaking of names, for such a tough group "representing", they sure weren't interested in leaving a location where we could find them to inquire further!

So your idea is to further inflame and antagonize these chuckleheads, if they exist?  Pure genius.  Give them the attention they deserve, which is none.  Quietly investigate, arrest, prosecute, and punish.  An extra dose of  "Oh yeah?  Here we are, come hate us" isn't the solution.

zander1976 said:
They should make it legal to shoot people like this!

Yeah!  Then they should make it legal to shoot people who propose shooting people for some poorly conceived intimidation campaign!  That would be kewl.. piew, piew, piew.

Kat Stevens said:
Yeah!  Then they should make it legal to shoot people who propose shooting people for some poorly conceived intimidation campaign!

Bloody hell, that would make many places like a free fire zone.  :D

Kat Stevens said:
Yeah!  Then they should make it legal to shoot people who propose shooting people for some poorly conceived intimidation campaign!  That would be kewl.. piew, piew, piew.

Kat Stevens said:
So your idea is to further inflame and antagonize these chuckleheads, if they exist?  Pure genius.  Give them the attention they deserve, which is none.  Quietly investigate, arrest, prosecute, and punish.  An extra dose of  "Oh yeah?  Here we are, come hate us" isn't the solution.

I guess we're going to disagree. Making this a CBC front page story attempting to make everyone cower in fear is giving them the exact attention and effect they seek. Pure genius indeed.

I suppose all those who were round up by the police, beaten, charged, murdered in the USA prior and during the gay rights movement should have just kept to themselves for the fear of being beaten, charged, and murdered?

"Don't inflame these extremist bigots  for fear you may offend them "  isn't the solution either. Far and in between, I am not saying they should arrange a date at the flag pole and fight to the death either.

Community support + strength is the best way to defeat these types of people. 

Investigate, arrest, prosecute....    indeed. 

Kat Stevens said:

LOL, that is funny! You're so smart!

skyhigh10 said:
I am not saying they should arrange a date at the flag pole and fight to the death either.

But you did suggest it should be legal to shoot people who send these letters. Your backpeddling isn't working, start digging up.

skyhigh10 said:
I guess we're going to disagree. Making this a CBC front page story attempting to make everyone cower in fear is giving them the exact attention and effect they seek. Pure genius indeed.

I suppose all those who were round up by the police, beaten, charged, murdered in the USA prior and during the gay rights movement should have just kept to themselves for the fear of being beaten, charged, and murdered?

"Don't inflame these extremist bigots  for fear you may offend them "  isn't the solution either. Far and in between, I am not saying they should arrange a date at the flag pole and fight to the death either.

Community support + strength is the best way to defeat these types of people. 

Investigate, arrest, prosecute....    indeed. 

Back up the outrage bus, it doesn't run down my street.  where do you get off trying to compare what I said to cops beating up gays in the park and smashing up their businesses?  Don't try to make me sound like one of "those guys", my opinion on gay rights is one of pure indifference, as I thought I've made pretty clear on numerous threads here.  Let's have some human rights, how about that?  Gay people will still be discriminated against, the tolerance message only reaches those who have a propensity toward BEING tolerant.  I'm not saying to hide from these idjits, but "let's have a parade!" every time this happens isn't the answer, it will just tend to make people sick of parades.

Puckchaser, it wasn't sky that suggested the hunt

Kat Stevens said:

Ack thanks, all those lowercase names blend together.

Sky: Apologies for the confusion there.

I hope one of victims of this is a firearms owner (the real kind I mean, not BB guns) and knows just what to do if someone points a BB gun at them... the police could then just follow the trail of diarrhea to the assailant's house.

[joke]Right after they arrest the victim for improper storage of a firearm, of course.[/joke]

If posters in this thread don't smarten up and start discussing things properly, on point and like adults, it's going in the bin.

Staff

Fair enough, kindly edit out my posts and count me out of this one, please.

Kat Stevens said:
Back up the outrage bus, it doesn't run down my street.  where do you get off trying to compare what I said to cops beating up gays in the park and smashing up their businesses?  Don't try to make me sound like one of "those guys", my opinion on gay rights is one of pure indifference, as I thought I've made pretty clear on numerous threads here.  Let's have some human rights, how about that?  Gay people will still be discriminated against, the tolerance message only reaches those who have a propensity toward BEING tolerant.  I'm not saying to hide from these idjits, but "let's have a parade!" every time this happens isn't the answer, it will just tend to make people sick of parades.

I do see your point a bit clearer. I too am not fond of parades;  though I must say,  it does sometimes have a very auspicious effect. As an example,  the mockery and  peaceful counter protest which one may find at a variety of Westboro Baptist "Psycho" pickets is what i'd like to see. But as you stated, ome people are not capable of being tolerant. In this specific case, I can see your point.

PuckChaser said:
Ack thanks, all those lowercase names blend together.

Sky: Apologies for the confusion there.

No problem. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ! 

Is this letter any different than the millions of hateful posts by people who use youtube, facebook and other online media websites?

This letter is doing exactly what the writers intended, to get circulation and piss people off.  It's no different than those stupid "Hit like if you agree!" pictures people post on facebook that get thousands of comments.

Having a parade because someone wrote a letter?  Bit of a knee jerk reaction.

Lobbying to murder someone with a firearm who writes a stupid letter like this? Probably a few more people behind bars in Kingston who deserve a bullet first.

The best reaction to this would have been to crumple it up and put it in the garbage.

Journeyman said:
        ;)

It was right the first time. This idea does not need to be recylced and heard from again in a few months.  :eek:

Back