• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IDF Back Into Gaza for Kidnapped Cpl.

Does nobody remember the dire predictions of Israel and the world when Yassir Arafat and the PLO became the legitmate government of the Palestinians?

Arafat never stopped directing attacks on Israel and Hamas certainly has been doing the same.The abduction of the corporal was an act of war by Hamas and is being treated as such by the IDF. The indecision by the political leadership has cost the IDF a week and helped Hamas plan a defense.

There is no one to blame for this whole situation but Hamas.

They have shown how politically inept they are right out of the starting gate. In this current situation, they obviously misjudged what Israel's reaction was going to be. What is quite clear at this point is that this attack had been planned for many, many, months and Hamas has admitted their involvement in what essentially is an OPEN ACT OF WAR.

I have to give Israel credit. Many governments give lip service to the phrase "not leaving anyone behind", but they put their money where their mouth is.

I don't know what the Palestinian people were thinking when they "voted" (containing laughter) for a party that is sworn to the destruction of the country that they want "peace" with????? and has been sponsoring and planning suicide attacks against civilians for years. What do the Palestinian people want exactly?? It sure doesn't appear that they want peace.

I therefore will give the benefit of the doubt to Israel every time.

I think they voted for the only option other than Fatah, hoping that Hamas would grow up, but they were wrong.

Actually arresting the moderates, may have been a good thing, it raises their stature in Gaza and it seems that the Israelis allow a fair bit of dialogue and politicking to go on in their jails. This may turn out to be a chance for them to develop a new plan to limit conflict. By being kept out of the mess and kept safe, they can return and hopefully wrestle control from the hard liners who’s goals are not going to be met.

12 Palestinians, Israeli killed in bloody day
Last Updated Thu, 06 Jul 2006 13:21:14 EDT
CBC News
http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2006/07/06/israel-gaza.html

As many as 12 Palestinians and one Israeli soldier were killed Thursday amid some of the heaviest military exchanges between the two sides since the abduction of an Israeli soldier and the invasion of Gaza

As many as 12 Palestinians and one Israeli soldier were killed Thursday amid some of the heaviest military exchanges between the two sides since the abduction of an Israeli soldier and the invasion of Gaza

I'm telling you, neither side will learn! Israel went to free a soldier, they just lost another one. Palestinians wanted to free 100s of prisoners, well they're losing 10s every day and their whole infrastructure is destroyed.

There is no hope in that part of the world......

tamouh,

Hamas

n : a militant Islamic fundamentalist political movement that opposes peace with Israel and uses terrorism as a weapon; seeks to create an Islamic state in place of Israel; is opposed to the PLO and has become a leading perpetrator of terrorist activity in Israel; pioneered suicide bombing [syn: Hamas, Islamic Resistance Movement]

Read that over, and before you post, consider where you're posting, and what the above definition refers to.

I have to agree with Wes here tamouh. Hamas are infact sub-humans, knowing full well that keeping that soldier will incur the wrath of Israel. Not only are they being brazen about it, they're not giving up the soldier that was kidnapped, putting the lives of their people at risk. God pray that he's still alive and returns in one piece.

Tread lightly, because you're soon going to break through.

There is no hope in that part of the world.......

Do you mean Israel, Gaza... or the Middle East in general? I'd like for you to specify, because I'm sure it would anger many who've shed blood, sweat and tears over there to try to make a difference, to see that posted on such a reputable website.

Do us all a favor and cease your infamous babbling.

I don't believe in something called "peaceful islam" , "peaceful christianity" or "peaceful judasim" or even "peaceful world". Everyone interprets things the way they like them to be and act based on what they think is right or wrong. This is why there is left and right !

Hmm... not believing in in a peaceful world. Terrorists do not believe in a peaceful world. So, logically thinking, if tamouh doesn't believe in a peaceful world, and terrorists do not believe in a peaceful world... what does that make tamouh?

I really think that your terrorist-like views should really not be posted on a website that represents an organization that is dedicated to the defense of our Country or bringing worldwide peace.

That's my $0.02 .

Fry:
Hmm... not believing in in a peaceful world. Terrorists do not believe in a peaceful world. So, logically thinking, if tamouh doesn't believe in a peaceful world, and terrorists do not believe in a peaceful world... what does that make tamouh?

I really think that your terrorist-like views should really not be posted on a website that represents an organization that is dedicated to the defense of our Country or bringing worldwide peace.

That's my $0.02 .

It is really of no value to actually argue against your posts. They lack intellect, dialogue and moreover any sense of appreciation of content. I'm a contributing part of the defense of this Country, its values and society. In fact, much more than you can imagine. But since you lack the intellect to comprehend what i say, there is no reason to explain it to you any further.

If you're here to bring such useless talks, then you may want to take your thoughtless desires to a place that suits it.

tamouh said:
well they're losing 10s every day and their whole infrastructure is destroyed.

Well that's GREAT!. Maybe this can serve as a lesson then.

tamouh said:
It is really of no value to actually argue against your posts. They lack intellect, dialogue and moreover any sense of appreciation of content. I'm a contributing part of the defense of this Country, its values and society. In fact, much more than you can imagine. But since you lack the intellect to comprehend what i say, there is no reason to explain it to you any further.

If you're here to bring such useless talks, then you may want to take your thoughtless desires to a place that suits it.

So... you think that posts backing Hamas, saying that you do not believe in world peace and providing 'excuses' for the actions overseas involivng the Hamas' actions gives you a right to strut all around here thinking that you're providing posts that have 'intellect' ?

You're so full of yourself, more than you can believe. You're treading on thin ice, keep it up and I wouldn't be surprised if you get a PM from a mod because your 'terrorist-like views' aren't welcome here. I've already proved what your intent is.

In all fairness, tamouh said Palestinians and Israelis.  It is you, Fry, who decided to launch into some rant about the "sub-human nature of Hamas".  Cool it.

Further, Fry...that's really bad logic.

A does not believe in peace.
B does not believe in peace.

Therefore, A=B.

Umm...doesn't work.

If you had at least said, "Only terrorists don't believe in peace, therefore anyone who doesn't believe in peace is a terrorist" the logical structure would work, even if the assumptions are crap.  I mean, I truly believe you're entitled to believe in wrong ideas...but  you can't justify them with faulty logic...that just plain annoys me.  :D

Besides, soldiers don't usually believe in peace.  They know better.

Infanteer, Gunnar, Thanks for the clarification.

Regarding the peace post, it was meant there is no peaceful world when there are wars. In my opinion true peace is total serenity. What we have is not peace. Throughout human history there were never peace, peace is a relative term to a situation but not general to the whole world. I'm NOT saying because there is no peace we should start more wars.

Regarding my comments on Palestinians and Israelis, as Infanteer mentioned, they are clear. I've decided to be on nobody's side in this conflict because both sides are real ignorants. If anything, I think this incident is a great opportunity for Hamas to play politics. Imagine Hamas delivering the soldier safe and sound themselves to the door steps of his Father's home. I mean this is the greatest publicity Hamas can pull off and Israel is giving them a great opportunity here. But you need a smart mind to do something like that! (and NO, i'm NOT meaning Palestinians nor Israelis are stupid).

tamouh said:
If anything, I think this incident is a great opportunity for Hamas to play politics. Imagine Hamas delivering the soldier safe and sound themselves to the door steps of his Father's home. I mean this is the greatest publicity Hamas can pull off and Israel is giving them a great opportunity here. But you need a smart mind to do something like that!

WOW!! If that statement isn't twisted on a variety of levels I don't know what is.

So, the group who's members actually planned and orchestrated an act of war, killing 2 soldiers and kidnapping a third in the process can use this whole thing as a great publicity opportunity???

Tuning out Tamouh...... * NOW *

CanadaPhil said:
So, the group who's members actually planned and orchestrated an act of war, killing 2 soldiers and kidnapping a third in the process can use this whole thing as a great publicity opportunity???
actually, it would be brilliant. HAMAS returns the soldier to Israel, with some decapitated heads, and says "Here you are, Jewish Oppressors. Here is your murdering pig-dog returned safely, with the heads of those who took him. Unlike you, we are dedicated to Peace, and have shown it to the world."
Then, Israel ends up looking like the Bad Guy. Especially in the eyes of the Muslim community. Beautiful tactics.

Yes, Indeed! The Art of Politics. If they've treated the kidnapped soldier very well and 'brain wash' him with pictures of how bad the Palestinians living under their conquerors, they could pretty much guarantee a future advocate for the Palestinians sufferings afterwards. Twisted maybe, but so is life!

they'd never pull it off, though. They've spent so much time and effort into brain-washing their children into worshipping at a cult of Death, that they no longer have any control over their own populace. Palestine is lost. It can never be civilized again.

tamouh said:
Yes, Indeed! The Art of Politics. If they've treated the kidnapped soldier very well and 'brain wash' him with pictures of how bad the Palestinians living under their conquerors, they could pretty much guarantee a future advocate for the Palestinians sufferings afterwards. Twisted maybe, but so is life!

That would be some pretty impressive mind altering, since any Israeli has been raised on a steady diet of Palestinian murder and terror. 
Hamas won't compromise because they don't want to look weak.  They also want to look like victims to the other Arab countries, and thus draw in some more support.  If some tool is willing to strap a pack of C-4 and ball bearings and detonate on a bus, what do they care if the tanks are rolling through the camps blowing stuff away?  Being a martyr is a state to be pursued, not avoided.

Back