• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I'm starting to get discourage

I am in almost an identical situation mate. I applied in April 2010 and got all my testing done in a months time.

All I've been doing is checking in with the recruitment center every other month, working out and just trying to keep myself busy.

I applied for Infantry/Artillery and was told that all combat trades were closed, and just as you said, I have to wait until April 2011.

tinman101 said:
I applied to the Canadian Forces in July of this year. Went through with all the proper procedures, scored almost perfect on the CFAT, then before my medical I was told that almost all the positions were full, to call back every month, and the soonest I would be able to reapply would be April of 2010 when the new numbers come in. This seems a really long time to wait without a promise that my trade will even be open and I'm starting to get discouraged. Any advice?

Ive been waiting a while too i first applied in November of 2009 and was put on the merit list in April of 2010 so for me its been a while but I'm hanging in there and I'm pretty sure everyone else is too, they told me that everything was full i applied to be a Combat Engineer , they said that i would have to wait till next April of 2011 and i really hope that me and a lot of other people that have been waiting a long time ,that we get chosen , but for now i have a job a good one, but that's all it is , A JOB we are all  here for a career that has no limits, to help and protect those in need, and we can be proud to serve as a Canadian Forces Member.

I am also one of those that have been waiting for some time.  Applied back in March 2010.  Placed on the merit list on June 2010. 

Not much else you can do but grit your teeth and wade through the months till April.

All the news about budget cuts and what not are starting to make me nervous.

Back