• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IMP‘s

• Thread starter Thread starter cagomez
  • Start date Start date
Mmmmmmm......Corned Beef Hash.....
Hey Spr. Earl have you been raiding my cupboards up here in the Fort? I live with my father here hes Ex Airborne (Service Commando, MSE/OP) and that seems to be the only thing he ever Ate when he was in the forces. I wonder if my brass would mind if i humped in a couple cans of Corned Beef, you know that Hereford stuff. Anyways IMP‘s are Better now than ever, i have tried US C rats and British Cold Mutton in a Can and IMP‘s Far surpass them in Nutrition and Taste (Well some do). The Current US MRE‘s(Meals Refused by Ethiopians) are ok too, but they have tobasco in ‘em so that ‘enuff. Otherwise its Chop Suey and Salmon All the way!

This is Dixon Out (Until the invent a self-heating Peice of Pizza and a self-chilling can of Beer!)
:fifty:

Dixon,
They marketed a self chilling beer in the states about ten years ago. Never caught on, totally beyond me why not.

Spr Earl
Have to concur, but I was always partial to the bacon. Thing I couldn‘t stand was the way the Charms hard candies had always returned to their natural state of sticky syrup, no use trying to peel the wrapper, just put em in your mouth and spit out the plastic when the candy was gone! :D

What about chicken breast, and beef tortaliny? Now that‘s good eatin‘!

Veal Cutlet is the WORST!!!!!!! It gave me food poisoning. Meaford... late at night.... in the field...no ****ters.... coming out both ends... need I say more? :crybaby:

Ah Yes! Underwood Deviled Ham, Vienna Sausage, bacon in a can! What memories! :D

I vote for Chili Con Carne! It has the added bonus of either clearing the alrgest sleeping space in your trench/OP or when wearing your new jammy goretex snowpants keeping your bum and legs warm through the inevitable gas emissions.

Question to all those Reg/Res ppl who have eaten the IMP/MRE. Which is the better Rat in your opinion? :)

I like the IMP better, but I love the MRE heater and the little baggie with the coffee/tea/tabasco sauce. It‘s quite convenient, but the MRE meal tastes like cardboard. The IMPs seem to be improving lately too.

I like the wee little bottles of Tobasco that come the the MRE‘s :D I‘ve also discovered that Salisbury Steak and the Meatloaf appear to be the same slab of "meat" with a different gravy!

:) OKay then how would you like to see the IMP improved?
Would such things as the MRE Tobassco Sauce suppliment be useful?
What other condiments should be added to basic IMP?

OK then...wee little bottles of Rum :D . Hey, look back at WWI, why did the SRD (service rum diluted) get taken out of the system?

Seriously though, take the jerky from the supliments (that are rarly seen) and putting them into the IMPs. mmmm, jeeerrrky.

Secondly, at least the IMPs are now brown instead of the flashy white. Nothing like seeing an Iltis blow by with all the little white packets bouncing around in the back. Oh wait for it...CADPAT! :eek:

Thanks for the info...
BTW:
1] Is there a link or URL which actually lists all the IMP meals and suppliments that are available?
2] Can the IMP‘s be purchased commercially from outside sources? If so from whom...?... other then surplus sources.. ;)

know what the SICK thing is? they STILL feed the old white pack IMP‘s to cadets on their field ex‘s.. LOL.. and on the survival instructor course, they get 1 ever 24 hours for 2 weeks... VICIOUS... ;) :crybaby:

Hey, I like IMPs... Honestley!

Which ones are good? a few, can‘t name any off hand. But I have learnt to avoid the beef-teryaki (sp?) when it‘s cold.

Avoid anything ham steak and blargh.
Avoid salmon when cold.

The sausage and Hash browns are pretty good for breakfast. And people may say I‘m crazy, but I actually really like the cabbage rolls. I liked the Macaroni and Cheese, but I‘m told that they took it out of the system... anyone know for sure?

I concur, avoid the Hamsteak and Pineapple (I think it‘s Hamsteak and Raisins now).

I always bring my own food on excersises. Granola bars, cerial bars, few packages of cup a soup. Odd snacks. I couldnt stand sitting down to eat only to have to throw the food away and run to a trench or leave it for later and its cold.

Back