• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Improved Combat Uniform

Kinda looks like he has a modified combat jacket or a rain jacket. It isn't the ECU shirt though.

-Skeletor- said:
It looks like he has the interim combat shirt - just the regular combats, but with the sleeve pocket(and velcro) added.

I didn't think the Rangers got the CADPAT tops. My uncle is a Ranger and all he has is the bright red hoodie and CADPAT trousers.

Looks like it could be one of the RSS that was posted in from a current unit that has gotten kitted out with one of the interim shirts?

The picture is of the guy wearing the Convergent Rain Gear Jacket while operating a quad.....and not the ICU or ECU.

Verge1993 said:
I didn't think the Rangers got the CADPAT tops. My uncle is a Ranger and all he has is the bright red hoodie and CADPAT trousers.
You're correct, Canadian Rangers are only issued CADPAT pants.  However, a lot of our CR buy their own aftermarket equipment and will sometimes "augment" their apparel with such items, but we usually discourage this when in front of the camera.

Loachman said:
My sister had problems with guys like that.

Well thank you for this, now I have to clean the chocolate milk out of my keyboard.  ;D

You've had the same problem, then?

Loachman said:
You've had the same problem, then?

I was impressed with the lack of requests for pictures of your sister.... unless they all went to PM.  ;D

Anyone else starting to think they are waiting to get the pips and crown rank slip ons before starting to issue the ICU?

slayer/raptor said:
Anyone else starting to think they are waiting to get the pips and crown rank slip ons before starting to issue the ICU?

I've seen ICU pants out already. Shirts and pants are being replaced as stock of the old stuff is depleted. So if you want new stuff, go to the field and use up the old stuff.  ;D

@darkinfantry

Dude we still use the old rucksacks...
I highly doubt we'll get the new combats any time soon.

I have a set of new pants in the office next to me.. he has removed the knee pads as he's rocking a desk.  I can ask him to pose for pics but we're almost done our day.

DarkInfantry232 said:
Does anyone know if reservists get issued the new combats?

Depends.

One guy in my unit has the ICU shirt. The Res MPs across town all have full set of the ICU.

They are slowly trickling into the system.

You will get something, might be new or old....it's luck of the draw and what your size is, regardless of reg or reserve.

I have the new pants and they aren't something to write home about....just different.

Regards

Seeing as most reserve units are supported by regular force bases (in our case, Edmonton sends us down our kit) then I can see reservists getting bits and pieces as they are on the shelves.

Sorry if this has been addressed already. Today while waking in downtown Ottawa I saw what appeared to be a Canadian Forces soldier wearing the combat shirt attached. It had the rank epaulette, name tag, a rather large red and white maple leaf on the left shoulder, some other insignia on the right shoulder couldn't really make it out. The young man also had a backpack with the same camouflage pattern, a maple leaf in the center, and some other insignia that I honestly couldn't make it.

Are there any soldiers that are issued this type of Camouflage, I'm fairly certain in the ak-47 thread in the weapons and ammo forum I saw a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan wearing similar looking camo. But for all I know it was an civilian who purchased the jacket. Just wanted to clarify.

Thanks, Alex

Back