• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Improved Combat Uniform

M

MikeL

Guest
KerryBlue said:
Are there any soldiers that are issued this type of Camouflage, I'm fairly certain in the ak-47 thread in the weapons and ammo forum I saw a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan wearing similar looking camo. But for all I know it was an civilian who purchased the jacket. Just wanted to clarify.

The only issued camouflage(AFAIK) is CADPAT, and Multicam(CANSOF).  I believe the photo you are referring to, is of a ex Canadian Forces member who is now a Private Security Contractor in Afghanistan.
 

KerryBlue

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
160
-Skeletor- said:
The only issued camouflage(AFAIK) is CADPAT, and Multicam(CANSOF).  I believe the photo you are referring to, is of a ex Canadian Forces member who is now a Private Security Contractor in Afghanistan.

Would it be safe to assume then that the individual I saw today was not an active member of the Canadian Forces. I just found it strange how official everything appeared as he walked by.

Alex
 

PuckChaser

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
649
Points
1,060
KerryBlue said:
Would it be safe to assume then that the individual I saw today was not an active member of the Canadian Forces. I just found it strange how official everything appeared as he walked by.

Can buy anything we're issued from a surplus store, not hard to fake it.
 

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,634
Points
910
DarkInfantry232 said:
Does anyone know if reservists get issued the new combats?

The ICU may or may not be issued dependent upon stocks of the older CADPAT.
 

PaulD

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
KerryBlue said:
Would it be safe to assume then that the individual I saw today was not an active member of the Canadian Forces. I just found it strange how official everything appeared as he walked by.

Alex

Sounds like you had an encounter with a creature known as a  'mall ninja'.
 

PteAJL

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Seems like something similar to the ICU/ECU has already been made by the airsoft companies...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadpat-SWAT-Digital-Camo-Woodland-BDU-Uniform-Set-/111105581713?pt=US_Hunting_Clothes&var=&hash=item19de68a291
 
M

MikeL

Guest
PteAJL said:
Seems like something similar to the ICU/ECU has already been made by the airsoft companies...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadpat-SWAT-Digital-Camo-Woodland-BDU-Uniform-Set-/111105581713?pt=US_Hunting_Clothes&var=&hash=item19de68a291


Reproductions of the US Army's ACU have been around for years, and available in various camo patterns.
 

PteAJL

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
-Skeletor- said:
Reproductions of the US Army's ACU have been around for years, and available in various camo patterns.

Hm Maybe the CAF could save money and just buy those in bulk instead of waiting all this time to just to make new uniforms. ;D
 

DirtyDog

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Jim Seggie said:
The ICU may or may not be issued dependent upon stocks of the older CADPAT.
Just to clarify... reservists have the same chance of getting the ICU as anyone else.  Clothing stores is clothing stores.  When you go in to exchange your pants/shirt, you will be given whatever is available, regardless of component.

The clothing stores I've been dealing with has been issuing out the new pants.  I have a few pairs and am not a fan unless something comes down that they can be worn unbloused.  I have nothing against pants blousing, and in fact, like it, but it sucks with the new pants.  Way too much material and bits and pieces down there (Velcro cuff, shock cord, etc.).
 

markppcli

Member
Reaction score
109
Points
530
Presently, 1 VP has been telling troops to avoid wearing the ICU pants until a standard for blousing them comes out... It occurs to be that at some point we traded places with the RCR.
 

PuckChaser

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
649
Points
1,060
markppcli said:
Presently, 1 VP has been telling troops to avoid wearing the ICU pants until a standard for blousing them comes out... It occurs to be that at some point we traded places with the RCR.

So for those with only ICU pants, would no pants now be an option? New meaning to dress-down Friday....
 

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,634
Points
910
markppcli said:
Presently, 1 VP has been telling troops to avoid wearing the ICU pants until a standard for blousing them comes out... It occurs to be that at some point we traded places with the RCR.

Well, that is the First and the Finest....
 

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,283
Points
1,060
markppcli said:
Presently, 1 VP has been telling troops to avoid wearing the ICU pants until a standard for blousing them comes out... It occurs to be that at some point we traded places with the RCR.

When you get 10 extra duties because the top set of eyelets of your boots aren't done up (true story) THEN you can suggest such a thing.
 

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,634
Points
910
ObedientiaZelum said:
When you get 10 extra duties because the top set of eyelets of your boots aren't done up (true story) THEN you can suggest such a thing.

Or 14 for failing to shake the COs hand after a hockey game. True story.
 

PPCLI Guy

Army.ca Fixture
Donor
Reaction score
480
Points
910
markppcli said:
Presently, 1 VP has been telling troops to avoid wearing the ICU pants until a standard for blousing them comes out... It occurs to be that at some point we traded places with the RCR.

Ok - that is retarded.  I see the Bde SM most days, and he is wearing the new pants, bloused (which I think is dumb).  I am fairly certain he will be in the field for about 4 weeks starting next week, and based on previous sightings, he and the Bde Comd will both have unbloused pants the whole time they are in the field - and if I know them, the pants will stay unbloused when the CDS visits...........

I know a few people in 1 VP - perhaps I can get to the bottom of this.
 

Old EO Tech

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
PPCLI Guy said:
Ok - that is retarded.  I see the Bde SM most days, and he is wearing the new pants, bloused (which I think is dumb).  I am fairly certain he will be in the field for about 4 weeks starting next week, and based on previous sightings, he and the Bde Comd will both have unbloused pants the whole time they are in the field - and if I know them, the pants will stay unbloused when the CDS visits...........

I know a few people in 1 VP - perhaps I can get to the bottom of this.

I'm pretty sure the intent was to have people use the new pants in the field unbloused, and save the old pants for Garrison.  At least until the Bn leadership can figure out the way ahead.

 

dale622

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have never seen an enforced standard for the old combats! Isn't it simple enough to just give the order to have your pants bloused? Didn't think there was much wiggle room on something like that. Maybe I'm just right out to left field to the point I'm fouling.
 

JorgSlice

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
0
Points
0
bananaman said:
I have never seen an enforced standard for the old combats! Isn't it simple enough to just give the order to have your pants bloused? Didn't think there was much wiggle room on something like that. Maybe I'm just right out to left field to the point I'm fouling.

I guess some units just have people with better common sense  than others. Apart from my frustration with the whole Boot fiasco; we've been told to handle the ICU no different than the current Combat Uniform unless otherwise specified.
 
Top