• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Improved Combat Uniform

Bzzliteyr said:
That would cause the supply techs heads to implode when he ever tries to turn them in.  Different NSNs.  I had that happen to me when I was given a full (second) set of gear upon my return from Afghanistan as my stuff was in a sea can.  When I tried to return the "wrong" stuff it confused the poor techs. They had issued me different sized stuff and absolutely need THAT stuff back, not just any (already issued) kit.

Its really not that hard for the Sup Tech to figure out, it just takes a minute to scan your DOCs and match stuff up.  Sometimes people like to make things look like they are a bigger deal then they actually are.

I have spent many hours on the clothing stores counter and this not uncommon at all and easily figured out.

Halifax Tar said:
Its really not that hard for the Sup Tech to figure out, it just takes a minute to scan your DOCs and match stuff up.  Sometimes people like to make things look like they are a bigger deal then they actually are.

I have spent many hours on the clothing stores counter and this not uncommon at all and easily figured out.

Ahhhh, but you and I -- we are keeners!  We should get spec pay. :D

Halifax Tar said:

It certainly wasn't confusing or hard for me to understand but I'm just a lowly armour crewman.  I dont have anything near the intense levels of training all those supply techs do... I think someone once suggested they should get spec pay.

Bzzliteyr said:
That would cause the supply techs heads to implode when he ever tries to turn them in.  Different NSNs.  I had that happen to me when I was given a full (second) set of gear upon my return from Afghanistan as my stuff was in a sea can.  When I tried to return the "wrong" stuff it confused the poor techs. They had issued me different sized stuff and absolutely need THAT stuff back, not just any (already issued) kit.

Hey wait a bleeping minute ... it was me who spent hours trying to fix your docs for you ... they were a total shitshow of a mess.  And they were f‘n confusing.  He who attempteth to build full scale Leo in bis backyard apparently ...

Bzzliteyr said:
It certainly wasn't confusing or hard for me to understand but I'm just a lowly armour crewman.  I dont have anything near the intense levels of training all those supply techs do... I think someone once suggested they should get spec pay.

I certainly wasn't implying that clothing docs are too confusing for you I hope you get that.  I was actually sympathizing with you and using my first hand experience and knowledge to help explain that some of my brethren like to inflate their responsibility and task at hand. 

Vern Im all for spec pay!  I will co-write the memo with you if you wish!

Halifax Tar said:
I certainly wasn't implying that clothing docs are too confusing for you I hope you get that.  I was actually sympathizing with you and using my first hand experience and knowledge to help explain that some of my brethren like to inflate their responsibility and task at hand. 

Vern Im all for spec pay!  I will co-write the memo with you if you wish!

I was doing self depreciation so Vern felt better about her "service comes second" trade (that's what the capbadge says, right?).. I won't say it was Valcartier that had the issue with the double issue.. cause then the french people on here would get down my throat.

Bzzliteyr said:
"service comes second" trade (that's what the capbadge says, right?)

That is hilarious!  Mind I use this in the future ?  I will send the royalties too ya! ;)

You know were talking about new combats here, am I the only one who goes in clothing looking for used combats ?  I hate them when they are brand new, they stink.  I always ask if they have any used ones first.

Halifax Tar said:
You know were talking about new combats here, am I the only one who goes in clothing looking for used combats ?  I hate them when they are brand new, they stink.  I always ask if they have any used ones first.

There is this new fangled invention that can solve that problem.  I think it is called a warshingmachine in PEI.  I could be wrong on that though.  That lady I keep barefoot and in the kitchen may be able to answer it.  I'll ask her.

George Wallace said:
There is this new fangled invention that can solve that problem.  I think it is called a warshingmachine in PEI.  I could be wrong on that though.  That lady I keep barefoot and in the kitchen may be able to answer it.  I'll ask her.

Thanks tips!  ;)

PPCLI Guy said:
Maybe you could sign for some shoulders when you are next at QM  >:D

Last time I saw global stock levels on shoulders we only had stock in "brook trout" left...

Ouch!
apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpg

Halifax Tar said:
Those went right after the CF issued backbones were depleted

I'll note that we have gotten some spineless jellyfishes catalogued into the system lately.

ArmyVern said:
I'll note that we have gotten some spineless jellyfishes catalogued into the system lately.

That must be the part after the UCR and ECs took place...

ArmyVern said:

We've always had them, but were never accounted for.....

Back